2006 F150 Blower Motor inop + more....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 Blower Motor inop + more....

Hi all. My blower motor does not work at all in any speed. Last week the first time it did not work so I checked the fuse and wasn't sure if it was blown so I just replaced it anyway and it worked! Great easy fix right, wrong. Yesterday it craped out again. So I checked the fuse again and it was fine so I did a search and thought that maybe it was the BMR, so I changed that. No help. Now not only do I not have my blower motor, I also do not have power to the radio, power windows, moon-roof and back slider window. Maybe more but did not have time to check. I do have all lights, flashers, turn signals, mirror adjustments, door locks and interior lights. Does anyone here have any idea what might be blown or a wiring schematic of what I should check. I am lost and not that great of a wire chaser. I will check all my fuses in the box tomorrow with a test light but thats all I am comfortable to do without any guidance. TIA

Old 10-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
By the blower motor resistor comment you have the FX4 with the manual HVAC system ( not the FX4-Lux version ).

When you check the fuses for the HVAC system with a meter or test light, make sure you include the fuses for the HVAC panel ( F5, F13 & F14 ). For the other items, check your owners manual, no need to check ALL the fuses only the ones needed for those items.

When you are trying to use the blower, what setting is the HVAC panel in ?

Not too sure if you want the diagrams considering you are self proclaimed to not be a wire chaser.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
By the blower motor resistor comment you have the FX4 with the manual HVAC system ( not the FX4-Lux version ).
When you check the fuses for the HVAC system with a meter or test light, make sure you include the fuses for the HVAC panel ( F5, F13 & F14 ). For the other items, check your owners manual, no need to check ALL the fuses only the ones needed for those items.

When you are trying to use the blower, what setting is the HVAC panel in ?

Not too sure if you want the diagrams considering you are self proclaimed to not be a wire chaser.
Yes I do have an FX4 SC FX4 with the manual HVAC system
Well I just checked all the "little fuses" with a test light and all are good. I am not getting any power to 30amp Circuit Breaker #401. Can u tell me what feeds that? And yes you can give me some diagrams if u have some to give. I can look at them or my buddy can to... Thanks for the help!

Last edited by WGFA; 10-15-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM

F401 is fed from the accessory delay relay ( not part of the HVAC blower )

Old 10-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
F401 is fed from the accessory delay relay ( not part of the HVAC blower )

SSCULLY THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Long story short, when I first started to troubleshoot this problem by taking a good relay and putting in other spots I thought that I had it back in the original position # 2 "accessory delay" and not #5 and insisted I did... Then when you mentioned it again I looked a little harder and saw I was wrong the whole time. Was looking upside down naturally....
All is well and I could not be happier because now I don't have to take it somewhere and not only pay but look like an idiot.... **** happens...
Thanks again!

Old 10-16-2011, 01:07 PM

Glad it was a locatable end user error.

These are usually the quickest and cheapest finds !

Glad it is working

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 Blower Motor inop + more....