Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fold-A-Cover G4 install without drilling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fold-A-Cover G4 install without drilling?

Just replaced my 2005 FX4 with a 2010 F150 Harley Edition and I wanted folding hard cover for the bed. I had a soft roll-up on my '05. Read a bunch of reviews and decided on the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite. Just got delivery today and in reading the install direction saw that they want you to drill into the top of the side rails. Is there a way to install this cover without drilling? Didn't say anything in my instructions about a no drill option and can't seem to access Fold-A-Cover's install PDF on their site.

Anyone out there with suggestions and any other install tips?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think it can be done without drilling the side rails. So I just did it! For anyone else installing a fold a cover here is my advice from installing mine. When you temporarily put the side chanels on top of the side rails and lay the top on them they will lean in toward the center of the truck bed since they aren't screwed down yet and have a lot of weight on them from the top itself. Have someone push them in and make sure they sit level before you mark the spot with masking tape. I didn't do this and when I was done they were a little too far apart for my liking. I tried to adjust but there wasn't quite enough play so I ended up redrilling one of the holes. It's under the side channel and not visible but I know it's there! Before you drill you might also want to measure the gap between the two side channels to make sure it is just slightly bigger than the top. MEASURE TWICE DRILL ONCE rule! Wish I would have used it. Great top, I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't design it in a way that wouldn't require drilling into a 50k truck.

Quick Reply: Fold-A-Cover G4 install without drilling?