King Ranch

Light tan color with chestnut brown metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Light tan color with chestnut brown metallic?

We just saw Chestnut Brown Metallic paint (B4?) on a King Ranch truck and loved it. We want to paint our 1950 Chevy Tin Woody wagon that color and would like to paint the top the lighter tan metallic color that Ford used with the Chestnut Red Metallic. Can anyone tell us the name and paint code for that color? I got the B4 code for the Chestnut paint from the AutomotiveTouchUp web site. Is that actually a Ford designation?

Thanks for the help folks.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:47 AM
I imagine its the same pueblo gold (G3) thats on my green one.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mahlmann
We just saw Chestnut Brown Metallic paint (B4?) on a King Ranch truck and loved it. We want to paint our 1950 Chevy Tin Woody wagon that color and would like to paint the top the lighter tan metallic color that Ford used with the Chestnut Red Metallic. Can anyone tell us the name and paint code for that color? I got the B4 code for the Chestnut paint from the AutomotiveTouchUp web site. Is that actually a Ford designation?

Pueblo Gold or Arizona Beige.... however, if it was Chestnut, it was Arizona Beige as the Chestnut / Pueblo wasn't an option.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by mahlmann

You mention two different paint colors, both of which were available on KR's. The Chestnut Metallic Clearcoat, (B4), was available in the early years, '01-'03, while the Chestnut Red Metallic was only available for a year or two, '08-'09? The bottom trim from '01 to '09(? correct me if I'm wrong), was the Arizona Beige, with the Pueblo Gold coming in '10 I believe.
My '02 KR SuperCab is the Chestnut Metallic Clearcoat, B4 and AZ Beige, as is King Ranch Coy's SuperCrew.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Timberdoodles
You mention two different paint colors, both of which were available on KR's. The Chestnut Metallic Clearcoat, (B4), was available in the early years, '01-'03, while the Chestnut Red Metallic was only available for a year or two, '08-'09? The bottom trim from '01 to '09(? correct me if I'm wrong), was the Arizona Beige, with the Pueblo Gold coming in '10 I believe.
My '02 KR SuperCab is the Chestnut Metallic Clearcoat, B4 and AZ Beige, as is King Ranch Coy's SuperCrew.
Hey Timberdoodles havent seen you on here in a long time. Hope everything is going good for you and dont be a stranger around here

Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Chestnut Red never existed in 2008-2009. It was called Mahogany, and only in 2008. In 2007, it was Dark Copper. For both colors, the two- tone counterpart for the King Ranch was with Pueblo Gold.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Hey Timberdoodles havent seen you on here in a long time. Hope everything is going good for you and dont be a stranger around here
I still look in every once in a while, and throw my .02 worth when I feel like it. I got very tired of all the BS throughout the forum, and the "Re-inventing the wheel" mentality of a lot of people on this forum, when it comes to how to care for the seats. I just decided that I don't need this, so I don't. I wish I could count how many partial bottles of KR conditioner I've given to guys that have never heard of the stuff, of how to care for their seats. Try to help some out anyway.
Things have been OK, but not great, just plugging along. Had a morphine pain pump installed, which has helped out some, but it only helps out the low back some, not the hips, pelvis, neck, etc.......
Keep them in line!

Quick Reply: Light tan color with chestnut brown metallic?