Disconecting door sensors

Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disconecting door sensors

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know how do you disconect the sensor that tells the computer the door is ajar. I've had that light on for a while now and I know its not just a stuck latch. When I checked the cable that connects to the door latch senser it doesn't read a current. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you came to the conclusion that is is not an issue with the door latch by trying to find +VDC, that is due to the fact it switches ground to signal an open or closed door.

did you read and try the info in the 1st sticky thread in this forum ?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah I tried the wd-40 trick already but it didnt work. I can manualy open and close the latch but it still says door ajar. Im thinking its an electrical issue because it comes ond goes every so often. Its getting on my nerves because when the door ajar signal is triggered it sets off my alarm.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
is the door ajar light the only problem?...radio stays on, interior lights dont come on...?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah thats the only problem. everything else is fine exept the whole thing of the lights inside stay on for a while because of the door ajar thing.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Pull the latch mechanism and replace the switch if you want it fixed right.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Pull the latch mechanism and replace the switch if you want it fixed right.
I don't think he wants to fix it right, Project. So, what SSCULLY was saying, Armored, is that the circuit is completed to ground to signal an open door. So, all you have to do is find the right wire and cut it. Since I don't have a wiring diagram for your truck, I can't tell you what wire that is. If you take the door panel off though, you can probably just disconnect the wiring harness to the door latch.

- Jack

Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just went to take a look, to confirm the color codes that Jack was talking about along with reading your post.

If you have the Factory perimeter alarm, that is the door anti theft switch.

If you ground the Dark Green w/ Pink stripe wire to the door latch that will take care alarm issue, but the perimeter alarm will no longer work ( the ground signal to the 97/98 RAP disarms the anti theft module, so even the ign tamper module will no longer work ). This is with a factory perimeter alarm, after market is how ever the system is installed.

The illuminated entry switch shows as a Pink w/ Light green stripe wire to ground ?? Not too sure what this is, does not show in the 99-03 MY trucks ( could be a MY change over in GEM function, as those are 2 different series of GEMs ).

The GEM input for the door ajar switches are L: Black w/ Yellow stripe wire & R: Black w/ Pink stripe wire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disconecting door sensors