05 F150 Low Oil Pressure

Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok ive bben reading this for a while now trying to find an answer to the low oil pressure problem,i have a 2006 ford f150 v8 5.4 triton. about 6 months after i bought it my truck shut down on "low oil pressure" i let it sit for a moment then it fired right up i didnt have the problem again for 3 months or so then it did it again long story short it went to 4 diffrent mechanics and they couldnt find anything wrong so a few days ago it shut down agian on low oil pressure and put it into safe mode after changing the low oil pressure sensor and all fluids it still didnt start so after a few mins of thought i pulled the wire to the mass airflow sensor and it fired right up after 126.68 at autozone for the sensor i put it in and havnt had a problem since.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fordhigh23
ok ive bben reading this for a while now trying to find an answer to the low oil pressure problem,i have a 2006 ford f150 v8 5.4 triton. about 6 months after i bought it my truck shut down on "low oil pressure" i let it sit for a moment then it fired right up i didnt have the problem again for 3 months or so then it did it again long story short it went to 4 diffrent mechanics and they couldnt find anything wrong so a few days ago it shut down agian on low oil pressure and put it into safe mode after changing the low oil pressure sensor and all fluids it still didnt start so after a few mins of thought i pulled the wire to the mass airflow sensor and it fired right up after 126.68 at autozone for the sensor i put it in and havnt had a problem since.
Should have just cleaned it. Can of MAF cleaner $10 This thread is 3 years old BTW. the guy with the original post is probably long gone and all..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 F150 Low Oil Pressure