2009 - 2014 F-150

how long does it take to get VIN or build info after order

Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long does it take to get VIN or build info after order

Hey guys, i tried to search the topic but i'm at work so I didnt have too much time. Anyways like the title says how long does it generally take to get any information about your ordered vehicle. I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and the dealer said he still doesn't know build date, VIN number or anything. The dealer said he wont know the VIN until the truck is built. In reading with other posts most have gotten their VIN within a week or so of the order and a tentative build date is set.
Thanks for the answers

Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Well...I will give you my experience so far. I ordered on 3-28. I received a VIN as well as build week on 4-6. My scheduled build week is 4-25. I looked and looked on here and kinda got a rough average (from the guys with good luck..though there aren't many), and it seemed like there was about 20 days from order to build (mine is more like 30 days). And then it seemed like about 2 weeks for delivery. Again this was from guys with positive stories and experiences...which there are few of. I know it will vary with dealers and locations and assembly plants and truck shipment. Your best bet, IMO, is to stay on top of your salesman/dealer. You should have heard SOMETHING by now.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tteel
Hey guys, i tried to search the topic but i'm at work so I didnt have too much time. Anyways like the title says how long does it generally take to get any information about your ordered vehicle. I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and the dealer said he still doesn't know build date, VIN number or anything. The dealer said he wont know the VIN until the truck is built. In reading with other posts most have gotten their VIN within a week or so of the order and a tentative build date is set.
Thanks for the answers
Your dealer is being lazy.
Or he is FOS.You should have had the vin# about a week after you ordered the truck. Shortly after you have the vin# you can look at your window sticker online.
My dealer has been tracking my truck weekly for me.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Your dealer is being lazy.
Ya thats what I thought too. I mean how can you not know ANYTHING about a vehicle ordered 6 weeks ago. BS...if I dont hear anything by the end of the week i'll be going into the dealer and raisin hell

Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya thats what I thought too. I mean how can you not know ANYTHING about a vehicle ordered 6 weeks ago. BS...if I dont hear anything by the end of the week i'll be going into the dealer and raisin hell
I ordered my truck March 17. I just heard from my dealer that my truck arrived by train to the Massachussetts depot. (4 hours away from the dealership.)Then it gets shipped by truck from Mass. to my dealer.She said I may have it by Friday. If not, early next week. I wasn't expecting it until late next week or the week after.So I'm psyched.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Doh
Ford dictates, "what truck, in what config, it can build"

Depending on the Dealer's sales rate.

I just gave up an allotment for an F150 crew cab, because it had to be built with a 3.7L V6. I have been selling/ordering Fords for 8 years, and have yet to sell an 2wd Crew Cab, V6.

The hold ups for a buildable order are, Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, LT 18" and 20" tires, Chrome 18" and 20" rims, 3.5L Eco Boost, and 5.0L engines. And many more.

Your Dealer could configure your truck to a buildable order, if you sat down with them.

I am recieving trucks 4 1/2 weeks after ordering them, but I have to build the truck the way the plant can build them.

The Japan earth quake, has caused many bottlenecks, for Ford, but a truck can still be built quickly, if you order it right.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Doh
Ford dictates, "what truck, in what config, it can build"

Depending on the Dealer's sales rate.

I just gave up an allotment for an F150 crew cab, because it had to be built with a 3.7L V6. I have been selling/ordering Fords for 8 years, and have yet to sell an 2wd Crew Cab, V6.

The hold ups for a buildable order are, Tuxedo Black, Red Candy, LT 18" and 20" tires, Chrome 18" and 20" rims, 3.5L Eco Boost, and 5.0L engines. And many more.

Your Dealer could configure your truck to a buildable order, if you sat down with them.

I am recieving trucks 4 1/2 weeks after ordering them, but I have to build the truck the way the plant can build them.

The Japan earth quake, has caused many bottlenecks, for Ford, but a truck can still be built quickly, if you order it right.

I ordered a 2011 King Ranch, Golden Bronze, Ecoboost with the 20" Rims. So according to your information then I would be on part of the hold ups for buildable orders....
However I still hear of people putting orders through for similar FX4's and Lariats, Ecoboost , 20" rims and they are getting build dates and VIN numbers within two weeks of the order. I am on my 6th week and still nothing (ordered Mar.12)... I mean there should be at lease some information after 6 weeks

Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I ordered my 2WD Screw 6.5' bed Platinum w/EB (white platinum tri-coat w/black interior) on 3/24 and my dealer says ETA is 5/2.

I had to send my salesman an email asking for an update, but he replied within a few hours with my VIN number and ETA.

I'm curious to see how close they get to the ETA.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 PM
I have sent my dealer 2 emails (3 weeks and 5 weeks) to see if they knew anything, but they said they dont get a VIN until it is in for build...So I dunno if everyone else gets VIN within a week or two why dont I know anything after 5 weeks...

Old 04-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Did you order one with a diesel or something?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
My build week of April 25th just got moved back to May 2nd. It won't be coming from Dearborn anymore either..now coming from Kansas City...

Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva
My build week of April 25th just got moved back to May 2nd. It won't be coming from Dearborn anymore either..now coming from Kansas City...
when did you end up ordering and what did you order?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:59 AM
when did you end up ordering and what did you order?
On March 28th I ordered a Ingot Silver SuperCrew FX4 with EcoBoost, Lux. Package, Sony Nav. and 20's.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Ya i ordered on March 12th (probably sent in March 14, Monday) and still nothing. I'm going to go to the dealer today cause I have a work truck that needs to go in so I'll be having a talking with them then cause this is ridiculous.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Went to the dealer and nothing. So i got the order number and the dealer number and called FCC. Lady i talked with was very nice and was suprised nothing was done yet either after she looked. Still say that it is waiting for placement or something like that...well if its not placed soon then I might as well wait for a 2012

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how long does it take to get VIN or build info after order