Primewell PA100 Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Primewell PA100 Tires?

Hey guys i have a 94 econoline van and finally replaced my michelin tires. They were great tires and got 90,000 miles out of them. I replaced them with some LT235/75/15 primewell PA100 tires. Anyone know anything about these tires? I got all 4 of them from firestone mounted balanced out the door for $381.00. I know not to expect any miracles with this tire but figured it would be good enough. I went cheaper cause the van has 250,000 miles on it and not sure how much longer its going to last so didnt want to spend big coin on tires.

Do any of yall have these tires? If so what do you think of them

Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have these tires and from what I've experience theyre good in rain. Gets rid of water very well. They increased my gas mileage by 3 mpg. They're good in about 2-3" of mud also but more than that and you might get stuck. I drove mine into about 6" of mud chasing cows and it took me about 10 minutes to maneuver my truck out. Over all I say these are great tires and would buy again.

I hope this helps!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:49 PM
how are you primewells holdin up kingranch? im thinking about a set of em for the same reasons as you did

Old 03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Uncle bought a 3/4 ton chevy that had them when he bought it. So far he's had great luck with them as far as rain/snow/dirt traction (really good, actually), but they are wearing super quick. And i dont know if its because they are super soft or what, but he's had to replace 2 due to unfixable flats. One was actually a T-handle allen wrench he ran over in the street, and it was the rounded 't' part that penetrated the tire.. lol

Good performing tires, but he wont be replacing them with the same thing for sure.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
i work for firestone and these are our cheap-o tires and they are horrible... sounds like garbage rolling and wear like butter . steer away from them .... sorry about the bashing of them but better off with a good tire .. the firestone transforce HTs are amazing tires and wear like steel!!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They seem fair... my only complaint is they are super loud on the highway. Ive got about 8,000 miles on em and bout to get them rotated. They are very good for offroad, i went on a little adventure and was pretty impressed with the traction. Also we had a ice storm a month or so ago and they did good. Im not expecting them to last very long though.

Quick Reply: Primewell PA100 Tires?