Magnaflow Glasspacks?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow Glasspacks?

Im assuming the magnaflow glasspacks are a newer product they carry now. Even saw some in pep boys today for $19.99.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them.

Im about to start ordering parts to get my exhaust done and wondering if they are much different from the magnapacks.

Ive kinda narrowed my choices down to magnapacks, bullets or some small oval bodied magnaflows. Going to do a true dual setup with x-pipe. Not sure if i'll go straight out the back or 45'em.

Been on utube alot in the past few weeks and its definately a tough decision.
I think ive listened to Darren66's 9 min video about 10 times .... lol. He makes the decision tough cause everyone of those exhausts sounded great to me!

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 02-28-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow i had no idea magnaflow made glasspacks. But eff that...go with bullets or magnapacks.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WTF is with Magnaflow and this aluminized steel crap anymore... where is their quality going???

Well anyways glasspacks to begin with are not worth it. Especially their very limited options for sizing and body length.. Magnapack or Oval body only. Nuff said.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
WTF is with Magnaflow and this aluminized steel crap anymore... where is their quality going???

Well anyways glasspacks to begin with are not worth it. Especially their very limited options for sizing and body length.. Magnapack or Oval body only. Nuff said.
If Dennis Anderson, Mario Andretti and Chip Foose endorse them, they have to be good!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by shakin
If Dennis Anderson, Mario Andretti and Chip Foose endorse them, they have to be good!
That doesn't mean anything to me, I personally disagree with alot of Chip Foose's taste. But its cool I guess, Magnaflows got about every style muffler now. Just need some headers now.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
That doesn't mean anything to me, I personally disagree with alot of Chip Foose's taste. But its cool I guess, Magnaflows got about every style muffler now. Just need some headers now.
Im really, really hoping you saw the sarcasm in that comment!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
100% aluminized steel construction.

FAIL

Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
They must be trying to muscle into the "white trash" market. One that was monopolized by Flowmaster and the no-name glass packs.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Isnt the Dynomax bullet also made of aluminized steel??
And isnt the bullet pretty much a glass pack as well?

Old 03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by CAGE RATTLER
The inside doesn't have the lovers or whatever you call the scoops that stick out in the inside. the bullet is just a perforated pipe.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by shakin
Im really, really hoping you saw the sarcasm in that comment!
no worries I did, just voicing out an opinion .

Yes.

No.

Originally Posted by nw150
The inside doesn't have the lovers or whatever you call the scoops that stick out in the inside. the bullet is just a perforated pipe.
Correct.

Magnaflows round body series mufflers are just the same. They are just very small case mufflers. Otherwise they would call them glasspacks which they now unfortunately manufacture.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
since it seems to me that no one has offered a suggestion so far allow me to be the first
I personally have a bullet and i really like the sound. It turns heads and sounds good IMO. However, magnaflow makes a good sounding muffler too, and i agree with what everyone else is saying....if you're going to go with magnaflow then get a SS muffler because i think we can all agree that that is a good product. The reason i went with the bullet was because it was $42 installed. The bottom line is that the only person whos opinon matters is yours. If you do your homework and watch some youtube then you should be able to make a well informed decision.
Good luck

Old 03-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks.

Ive had my truck for a month now and have been utubed to death ... lol

I actually ordered 2 high flow cats, x-pipe & tips last night.

I just need to make a decision on mufflers now. I hadnt intended on the maggie glasspacks but was curious if anyone has tried them.

I dont want something obnoxiously loud, but still want it to sound mean when im taking off. Im not much into flooring it on take offs (anymore) so i want good sound in the lower rpms (2500 & under) when coming up to speed. Its also my DD and travel the beltway to and from work so i dont want alot of drone either. And i dont want alot of crackle and pop when i rev it. Yeah i know ........ Pretty much what most have wanted on here too...lol.

I guess what i want is a mild mellow idle sound and want people to know its a bad *** V8 F150 when i get on it and pull off from stops. I also dont want to put all this money into it and then wish i would have went louder.

I loved darrens exhaust videos with his 11" bodied maggies and i believe they were run without hi flow cats? Thats what ive been leaning towards but also like the bullets & magnapacks. Only problem is some of the videos with bullets & magnapacks had alot of crackle & pop which i want to avoid.

OK, I think im rambling now...lol

Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 AM
oops ...........1 last question.

i havent even been to a muffler shop yet but just wondering what types of pipe are you guys using with your custom setups?? SS or aluminized steel?

Ive been told of a couple good places around baltimore to go to but plan to shop around for prices. One place i know of does mandrel bending but not sure if others do that or not.

Mandrel Bending Solutions

Any ideas what kind of prices i should expect for SS or other types?
Whether mandrel bent or not?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnaflow Glasspacks?