looking for wiring diagram for 95 f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for wiring diagram for 95 f150

I did a transmission swap on a 95 f150 a 5spd the donor trans is a 92 auto e4od metric now i have some wiring issues any help on finding a wiring diagram would be great. Also im using the 92 ecm (this maybe the problem) and the 92 trucks auto wiring harness pigtail that plugs from trans to fender well by ecm -not an exact match thanks in advance for any help or your thoughts on this THANKS Craig

Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is the kind of info to gather BEFORE you start a swap...

Has the '92 E4OD ever been rebuilt? What was the '92 engine? What's the '95 engine? How many big tubes connect to the '95 air filter cover? Did you swap steering columns, or just the shifters? Did you add the wires to the dash harness for the shifter button?

You should be using a '95 EEC for your engine & an E4OD, with matching engine bay, dash, & transmission wiring.

Read these captions:

. . .

Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Thank you, these diagrams are great information i really apperciate it. both trucks are 4.9L ,as far as i know the e4od hasn't been rebuilt, and we're just using a B&M floor shifter for the 95 and leaving the orignal steering column in it.At this point i think we're heading to a salvage yard for the 95 ECM and wiring harness to make this swap easier . tThe trucks belong to a buddy that had a motorcycle accident a year ago the 92 was bought as a secondary truck because it was auto. and easier for him to drive . Anyway we decided to do the swap so he could drive his nicer 95 eddie bauer truck. if there are any other issues you can think of we should address on this . or any thing on the 95 5 speed going back in the 92 truck i apperciate all thoughts and info. thank again,Craig

Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cwthill
as far as i know the e4od hasn't been rebuilt...
Bad news... Early E4ODs had a lot of little problems that took ~10 years to completely sort out before they became the strongest & most-reliable slushbox available in a 1/2-ton. It was ~95 when the last major bug was solved, so any older E4OD needs at least one rebuild AFTER '96 to get all the tweaks. So while it's out, get it rebuilt.
...we're just using a B&M floor shifter for the 95 and leaving the orignal steering column in it.
The E4OD is electronically-controlled, and it needs an O/D OFF switch (TCS) and indicator light (TCIL). If you use a floor shifter, you'll need to add a switch & light. But it's MUCH cheaper & easier to just add a stock shifter to the column. Click my tan CV in my signature & read the captions in the Steering Column album - it's the same column as those trucks have.
At this point i think we're heading to a salvage yard for the 95 ECM and wiring harness to make this swap easier .
That's easily your best move.
or any thing on the 95 5 speed going back in the 92 truck i apperciate all thoughts and info.
If you're just trying to swap transmissions between 2 working trucks, you're doing this all the hard way. It's MUCH easier to transfer the EB options to make the older truck nicer, or to get those options from any JY '92-96 EB truck and put them into the '92. I collect a lot of those parts for Broncos (many of which fit F-series), so if you can't find something locally, click my black Bronco in my sig & look thru the Spare Parts album. Then e-mail me if you need something.

The other albums linked to that thumbnail show how to add most of those options to any '80-96 F-series or Bronco.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I got a 95 automatic wiring harness at a local salvage yard , swapped it out in about an hour and a half . There you go the truck is shifting correctly and running smooth . I still have to add the overdrive light and switch to the shifter ,but this shouldn't be a problem. thanks for the diagrams and advice its greatly apperciated. thanks again,craig

Quick Reply: looking for wiring diagram for 95 f150