Painted Rock Guard n Rain Guards

Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Rock Guard n Rain Guards

Hey fellas I am thinking bout buying some rain guards and a Rock guard for the hood of the truck. I dont know if I should paint them or not. I wanted to see some photos but no one seems to have any. If you have them done please post a photo. I have a white truck photo in my garage so lmk your input. Inchannel Rain Guards by the way dont know if that makes a difference. Thanks

Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
i wouldnt go for the in channel rain guards if you wanted to paint them i would get the ones with 3m tape on them and paint them the inchannel ones move around when you roll the window up and down IMO

Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I used to have the bug shield on my white truck, I ended up ripping it off after about 3 weeks. But if you insist on having them, you can just sand down the black one and paint it white primer and then white. But once it takes some hits from rocks and bugs, that paint is going to come off. It's a really cheap plastic and I don't know how well the paint will hold up on it

Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by jtwoodall
I used to have the bug shield on my white truck, I ended up ripping it off after about 3 weeks. But if you insist on having them, you can just sand down the black one and paint it white primer and then white. But once it takes some hits from rocks and bugs, that paint is going to come off. It's a really cheap plastic and I don't know how well the paint will hold up on it
What about buying a clear one and painting the inside?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painted Rock Guard n Rain Guards