Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug or Bedtred

Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bedrug or Bedtred

I like the Bedtred better because it has side wall cargo tier slots that match the trucks bed wall. Also that the tailgate protector is separate so that the tailgate can be removed. Also, Bedrug says it must be clean immediately to keep things from staining. I wouldn't think that would be a problem with the Bed Tred.

The Bed Rug is proven where the Bed Tred is not. What's everyone experience with either of these.

Thanks A Lot.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a bedrug for about three months and love it. I do have a tonneau on it though and don't haul much, so it doesn't get very much of a workout.

I was able to remove the tailgate last week to install a RECON Fire and Ice bar with no problems. You just pull the tailgate portion of the bugrug up (it's attached with velcro) and fold it into the bed.

The only issue I've had is that the little bridge of fabric attaching the tailgate to the rest of the bed has a tendency to collect moisture when it rains or when I wash the truck. This is because it tucks down and makes a little valley when the tailgate is closed and it's the lowest point where all the water runs to. It hasn't hurt anything though, it just stays wet a lot longer.

I will say that the bedrug made a great little mattress on the night of the last lunar eclipse.

I don't have any experience with the Bedtred.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I have had a bed rug in for over two years (and dont have a toneau cover) and it has held up really well.

That piece that bridges between bed and tailgate is nice since it keeps junk from falling through, but it does collect water (and ice when cold enough) so sometimes you need to be careful when opening it.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 AM
What the heck is a Bedtred?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Duskrider
IThe only issue I've had is that the little bridge of fabric attaching the tailgate to the rest of the bed has a tendency to collect moisture when it rains or when I wash the truck. This is because it tucks down and makes a little valley when the tailgate is closed and it's the lowest point where all the water runs to. It hasn't hurt anything though, it just stays wet a lot
I put a maxseal tailgate seal on mine and it helps cut down on that a lot.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:56 AM
I had a BedRug in my '94 Lightning and found that over the years it eventually collects rain, wash, moisture, leaves and dirt underneath the rug. I would recommend pulling every year to wash the bed and let it air out. They are easy to install and remove but they will stain if any petroleum products end up on them. I am thinking about a BedTred for my '11 STX but haven't heard from any owners about this product.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Bedrug is a good product and priced reasonably. But, it's best to have a tonneau cover if you get a Bedrug.

I don't think Bedtred is as good of a value as the Bedrug. Bedtred is pretty expensive. I'm not saying it's a bad product, it just seems a bit flimsy for the price tag.

We've sold a LOT more Bedrugs than Bedtreds.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I bought my BedRug used from the Classifieds here and absolutely love it. It was a few years old and had a brownish stain in the center of it but easily it washed out with a brush and detergent. I've had it for several years now and for the most part, it stays covered under my BakFlip. It is SUPER tough, and still looks brand new. I've hauled stuff back there and once had a a half gallon of pool chlorine leak onto the rug. It still looks great and is easily removed if I need to haul anything super nasty. Right now its covered in pine needles from the Christmas tree haul back in November! I highly recommend it and dont hesitate to buy it used if you can find one.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I have seen the display in store for the bedtred. Looked good. However, I have not heard of anyone that has this product to give any feed back. Is there anyone out there that has a bedtred that can give us an opinion about this product in use?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I purchased the bed tred online at www.truckchamp.com. Paid $341 dollars. Looks like a good product. I went with this type of liner vs. the normal drop in.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Is there anyone who has owned both a BedTred and a BedRug? What are your thoughts?

I had a BedRug in my last truck and loved it. I really like the connection between the tailgate and the bed because it blocks any rain wash from being blown into the bed and allows my cargo to stay dry when I need it to.

FWIW, I still have the bottom portion of the BedRug out of my '06. I am still fighting with the dealership to give me the sides back (they didn't give me credit for a bedliner on trade, so it belongs to me). If I get it back, all I will need to install it in my new truck is some velcro, which I understand BedRug MAY supply for free. I'm gonna have to stop by the dealership today and remind them that they want me to bring them the Survey from Ford without filling it out. I just may have to hold it hostage until I get my BedRug back.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Sorry, forgot about this thread. I actually went with the bedrug and it's an awesome bedliner.

I looked at the Bedtred and it's a lot thinner and doesn't seem to provide the dent protection that the Bedrug does. It may be better for loose materials since there's no fibers to trap materials like in the bedrug but the bed tread material is rubber like, so it may pull or cut more easily.

I simply didn't care for the bed tread after seeing it. However I really like the bedrug, it's really rugged and tuff. It just takes time to get wood chips out of the fibers. A good sweeping does the trick.

BTW, I paid $450 for mine installed. I'll take this any day over a spray in liner that chips and fades with time, and is a pain to take off and respray.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I removed the plastic bed liner and put a BedRug in mine and I'm really happy with it. It matches the ARE cover perfectly.

Name:  BedRug100Wings1.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  Bedrug4.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  Bedrug1.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  82.8 KB

Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I had my bedrug for about 5 years before spilling about 3 qts of oil on it (always ask if the engine you are hauling for some one that has the timing cover removed if it has oil in it or not....) and it had a few holes in it and the underside was ripped. Granted this bedrug sat out in the AZ heat everyday of its life. I emailed bedrug about their lifetime warranty and asked if they can do anything for me since I lost the receipt, they emailed me back asking what day I would like UPS to come pick it up and they would send me a new one, no questions asked.

In other words every truck I ever own will have a bedrug in it.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I've had a Bed-Rug in my last 3 trucks - going back to my 2002 Lightning. I absolutely love them, and highly recommend them to anyone. My most recent truck, a 2008 F-150 Screw Limited, has had a bedrug since new, in late 2007. After 70,000 miles and 4 years, it still looks new - at least it does when I clean it up, LOL! I haul everything from auto parts to lawnmowers in my truck...even a load of mulch from time to time. Always cleans up like new whenever I put in the effort. One of the best products I have found!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bedrug or Bedtred