2001 drivers seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 drivers seat?

i have a 40/60 split bench cloth seat in my truck and the drivers seat cushion is really worn out and the passenger seat is like brand new how do i go about replacing the cushion or is there an easy fix?? thanks for any input!!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 PM
i had similar problems in my 01 crew cab. the corner of the seat was worn through from sliding in and out so many times. must be a common problem because i heard similar stories.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 PM
DTS, my '01 Screw driver's seat has the same problem, feels like I'm sitting in a sports car bucket seat but the passenger's side is nice and firm and you still set up high in it. I'm going to tear into mine in the spring when the temps are warmer but my guess is that the foam and the wires/springs in the seat bottom are worn out or broken.

I do have the bad habit of kneeling on my seat when I'm looking in my console or to get or put somthing into the back seat from the front, which puts a lot of pinpoint pressure on the seat bottom so I'm sure I've probably done some damage to the wires/spring/cushion.

Please post back on here if you dig into yours and find the problem and I will do thet same as well.

Quick Reply: 2001 drivers seat?