mirror upgrade power mirrors to power/turn signal/heat

Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mirror upgrade power mirrors to power/turn signal/heat

Anyone know how many prongs there are on a heated/turn signal set of mirrors for the 2004-2008 models? I currently have the power mirrors, with the female half, 16 prong holes. The mirrors have the male half of the harness. Has anyone upgraded from power mirrors to power mirrors with turn signals and heat?

Looking for the information before I go ahead and purchase some.

Thanks

CREDURDEAD

Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive got an 07 and I upgraded to the towing mirrors. My stock mirrors were just power, but the tow mirrors I got have power, signal and puddle lamps which all worked without any mods. The heat is actually turned on with a switch on the dash which COULD be prewired in your truck.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks, guess I will be sticking with my stock mirrors, guess it will save my money and maybe put some neon led lights under the truck. Just have to figure out how to wire them in so they turn on with the unlock function, however, they do not stay on when the headlights are turned on for regular use.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by credurdead
maybe put some neon led lights under the truck.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by RGSMDNR
I agree

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I agree too

Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh dear!!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

you guys are retarded, there isnt anything wrong with running some LED white lights under his truck as puddle lamps which is what i am guessing he wants to do.

CRED, you can tap into the overhead dome light circuit, they will turn on when your dome lights turn on, for example, when you unlock the truck via the remote, or when you turn on the domes via the headlight dimmer switch. This is the same circuit that runs the puddle lamps on the heated/turn Plamp mirrors, the cool thing is the LEDs will also do the theater light feature when ran on this circuit.

As far as your mirror question, the higher end mirrors have the same plugs. They will plug right in to your truck, but your truck will probably not be wired for the options.
Turn signals are pretty easy, as is the Plamp (same as above) The heat on the other hand is wired into the HVAC system and usually requires a AC/heat switch swap in order to wire up.
Some XLT trucks are prewired for turns, not many are prewired for heat or the Plamps.
Just check your plug at the door side and see how many wires you have going into the mirror side.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Fabian06SC- you hit it right on the nuts, I'm looking to put them on for puddle lights. Thanks for the idea about the dome lights. I will have to look at where the wiring is and probably go with that option...where to connect, that will be the most difficult issue.

CREDURDEAD

Old 12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Wiring is easy, pull up the drivers sill cover and the cover that goes around the parking brake release. There is a large square connector harness in there with a bolt in the middle. The wire you have to tap is black with light blue 20 gauge. Sixth wire up if you start on the bottom right side of that connector. It runs from there to the back wall via the drivers side doorsills, it may be easier for you to tap it there since there is way more room. This wire will give you + dome, just ground out the - side of your LEDs wherever you like.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:59 PM
that is awesome, once I have money again, I will attempt it, currently sitting at the Ford dealership as my truck check engine light turned on while I was driving home from work, then the truck started rattling like a banchee, did this two years ago, thank you extended warrantee...screw you $100 deductible...this better not happen after my warranty ends or I'm going to have to bring up some legal issues in regards to parts that continue to fail

Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm poor because I'm getting married in 4 months...all money goes into the wedding account

Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
hey, if you need the wiring diagrams for the mirror hookups i have them. email me at fx4hoss@hotmail.com and you'll have them just in case you change your mind later

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by 03GT04FX4
hey, if you need the wiring diagrams for the mirror hookups i have them. email me at fx4hoss@hotmail.com and you'll have them just in case you change your mind later
Would you happen to have a diagram for the 97-98,99-03+04Her?? I have a 99 and was thinking of looking into upgrading my mirrors due to the glass being all jacked (well, actually it's the reflective material on the glass that is jacked).

Old 01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
power,turn signal,heated mirrors

I have an 07 fx4 it came with power mirrors but not all the other options like turn signal and heated .I have a set of 07 turn ,power,heated mirrors now can i just change the climate control switch on dash to the one with heated mirrors and will they then plug and play

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mirror upgrade power mirrors to power/turn signal/heat