Best Suspension Lift

Old 12-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Suspension Lift

I hope to take the plunge and get a full suspension lift for my 05 4wd soon but there are so many options and manufacturers, I don't even know when to start. I was looking on 4wheelonline.com and it seems they have the best prices. I am handy and can do a lot of the work myself (but will take any help from members in my area) but I lack some of the tooling (welders, plasma). Either way, what is the best bang for my buck. From looking through the forums and do a bunch of searches, it seems that most people have either: Superlift, Pro Comp, Fabtech or Sky Jacker. If anybody has worked with any of these systems, what is your opinion of them? What holds up the best?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:11 PM
There are plenty of good options. Mine has held up wonderfully, I have a procomp and about 25k on it with 0 issues and i beat on my truck more than most (check my vid in sig). I just got an email from 4wheelparts and they are offering $400 mail in rebates on their pro comp lifts right now plus 25% of install. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...+GAS#ancResult

Last edited by Big50; 12-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
like a week away from ordering a 6" lift.. now i have a leveling kit on my truck now.. with this pro comp lift.. will my truck sit level or should i try and stack the leveling kit on top of those spacers? or do i not even need them?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most all suspension lift kits are designed to level the truck. For example, most 6 inch kits lift the front 6 inches and the rear 3 or 4 inches.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by LilGoomba7
like a week away from ordering a 6" lift.. now i have a leveling kit on my truck now.. with this pro comp lift.. will my truck sit level or should i try and stack the leveling kit on top of those spacers? or do i not even need them?
As Wandell said you won't need the leveling kit. Your truck should be level. In the past the procomp kits came with 3" blocks in the rear and gave it a kind of pre runner look now you can get them with a 5" block that will be level. I would not recommend placing the leveling kit on top of the spacer. Stacking spacers is never a good idea and unless your trying to run 37's there's no reason. If you go with the stage 2 kit with coilovers you can always crank them up to 2 inches if you decide you want more lift later. It will put more stress on the front suspension if you do that but I have seen many on this site do it with no issues.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Rizeeeeeeee

Old 12-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a 09 f150 fx4 screw, and I am also looking getting a 6in lift in the near future. I have been doing a lot of research and hearing people say go with superlift or rize. Anyone have any input on these lifts as well?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:32 PM
procomp seems to be the best ive owned, 2010 f150 procomp, 2006 f150 fabtech, 2006 jeep skyjacker, The skyjacker is stiff as hell, fabtech is expensive, and procomp is just right.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Everyone around here seems to find the lift they purchased to be 'the best', most everyone will have little to no issues with their chosen brand... leading them to their opinion. My preference is Rize Industries, but it takes a bit more $$$ than most want to spend. Its my personal opinion Rize offers the best quality, but you will pay for it. I won't express my opinions on other lifts after having handling them and seeing how they hold up over time because most here don't like to hear it... I won't ever run anything but Rize Industries, personally, because I have ridden in other trucks lifted with other brands and there is no comparison to how a Rize lift handles and how smooth it is.

I have installed and/or been around most every lift at some point in the last 5 year since lifting mine. Either I have installed it, seen it at shows or SEMA, or watched someone abuse it at demos... You have to identify your needs, how you use the truck, and how much you want to budget for the lift/wheels/tires/gears and how much you want to budget for extras (i.e. coilovers, piggyback shocks, leaf packs, etc, etc..) assuming you want/need these extras. If your just looking for a mild lift, some offroading and a lot of pavement pounding a 6" is probably for you. If you want extra ground clearance, good looks and have the extra coin to drop an 8" plus lift might be for you.

For most lifts you will not need a welder or plasma cutter. 95% of the time you just need a sawzall to cut a small piece off a front mount. Nobody said a plasma wouldn't make it easier!

Of the lifts you mentioned Fabtech and Procomp are the most popular brands, Skyjacker and Superlift seem to be secondary choices for most folks.

Last edited by FX4life; 12-12-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Honestly every lift kit out there are over priced pieces of metal and parts. If your an offroad fanatic go with a coil over fabtech or Rize, if you just want a basic 6inch kit thats reliable for your every day driver go with the procomp. I have a 6inch procomp on 35s and it rides exactly the same as my friends fabtech 6inch, and not to go against what FX4life was saying (whom has a very very very cool truck) My friend has an 07 F150 king ranch with a 8inch rize and my truck rides and handles just as good or better than his, this could be because he has 37x13.50s and I have 35x12.50s though.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i liked my pro comp stage 1 on my old 05 it held up good to the few times i did off road it, here in a few weeks my 09 will be getting fitted with a stage 2

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Depends on what you are planning to do with it.

Street only --> RCX (decent price, for decent quality)

Off road --> any of the following rize, pro comp, trail master (pricey) but very complete kit,

Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Procomp and Rize seem very popular. I only off road when weather is bad, usually on pavement so any fairly priced good quality lift is all i'm looking for. Thanks everyone for their advice.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Pro comp or Fabtech will suit your need.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Big50
There are plenty of good options. Mine has held up wonderfully, I have a procomp and about 25k on it with 0 issues and i beat on my truck more than most (check my vid in sig). I just got an email from 4wheelparts and they are offering $400 mail in rebates on their pro comp lifts right now plus 25% of install. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...+GAS#ancResult

x2, got my procomp lift last march and love it. i also purchased a 3 year/36,000 warranty on the suspension and lift for only $300 just in case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Suspension Lift