question-how to make blackwall tires outlined white letters

Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question-how to make blackwall tires outlined white letters

I am intrested in getting some GY duratracs for my truck. Only problem is I like the white letter look on tires. The size that I want in the Duratracs Lt 315/75/16 are blackwall only. I have heard that there is a a lettering pen or somthing out there to touch up white lettering on tires I just dont know what it is or even where to get one. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best way to do that is get white letter tires. Seriously though...like you, I like white letter tires, especially on my motorcycle (yes, that's a pen in the top photo...before and after after one day). But, as soon as the tire warms up, the appearance changes. The white cracks, fades, flakes off, looks grimy, etc. I have tried several different pens from the "tire" pens at AutoZone to acrylic pens from crafts shops. They all suck to about the same factor. Regardless, none of the IMO, would give you a quality look that you're after. My opinion...learn to like black walls or find something else.

Don't know why GY is sooo goofy about that. And with the Duratrac, I don't know why they don't put black on one side and white on the other...it's not an asymmetric tire like my MTR that you can't turn around.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I would really like to get the GY MT/r's in 315/70/17 but they are EXPENSIVE!! Like $320 a tire!! ONE TIRE!! I wish that more of the GY sizes in the other all terrains came w/ letters

Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea...I guess everyone's tolerances are different. Don't get me wrong, that's expensive, but I guess I've just come to terms that's the price of getting what you want...and if you're gonna drive a toy that takes tires this size. Price you pay I guess...no pun inteded. Is it worth paying to have what you really want or is it worth settling to save a "relatively speaking", small amount of money on the difference?? What's the difference in price between the MTR you want and the Duratrac you want?

I will tell you the new MTR's rock! Great tire on the road as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question-how to make blackwall tires outlined white letters