2009 - 2014 F-150

Lariat with two tone pictures

Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lariat with two tone pictures

Hey guys. Looking to order a new F150 in the next couple days.
I am gonna get a Lariat supercrew with 6.5' box. Not sure of the color yet. The vast majority of the Lariats around here do not have the two tone paint - solid color with chrome bumper. So weird, it is complete opposite of 2004 - 2008.
Anyways. I want the two tone paint but not sure of the color i want. Cant seem to find trucks around here to look at. Can you guys post pics of your truck that matches my description? thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't have a pic, but mine is dark blue with gold accent. I didn't like the two tone idea at first, but it has really grown on me. It is the opposite here. It is very hard to find a Lariat that is NOT two tone.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 AM
On my 2010 SCAB the 2 tone paint was a limited option. I got the chrome package which made the 2 tone option unavailable.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
the Ford website has the color combos on line. This may help you
Ferd

Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I have Red Candy Metallic two-tone, and it was my number 1 color choice. Personally, I love the two-tone. Here's a few pics but there are more in my album

Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
thanks guys and girls.
cegan. thats basically the extact truck i was/am thinking about. delete the running boards and add the moonroof. with the 6.5' box.
i love the pictures of your truck and i love the color of it on the ford website.
havent seen one in person but i have seen a few fx2s in that color and it doesnt do anythign for me....
not sure if it is the two tone that breaks up the red or what....
gonna talk to the dealer, see if he can find some in teh general area i can look at in person.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by 5pointslow
thanks guys and girls.
cegan. thats basically the extact truck i was/am thinking about. delete the running boards and add the moonroof. with the 6.5' box.
i love the pictures of your truck and i love the color of it on the ford website.
havent seen one in person but i have seen a few fx2s in that color and it doesnt do anythign for me....
not sure if it is the two tone that breaks up the red or what....
gonna talk to the dealer, see if he can find some in teh general area i can look at in person.
Thanks for the compliments. I'll pass them along to Ace (that's my truck's name). I'm with you about the solid red. I absolutely love the two-tone with red, but I'm not a fan of the solid red. If I couldn't have gotten the two-tone red then I would have bought a solid black. Good luck in your search. Are you trying to get a 2010 or 2011?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
i dont need the latest and the greatest. i am gonna get a 2010 and take advantage of the crazy deals they have goin on up here.
i can get a 2010 lariat supercrew 4x4 for less than i paid for my 2004 lariat supercab 4x2 brand new 6+ years ago...

Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 PM
ECP
Any day now I will have a White platinum Lariat (factory order, 6th week).

Kicking myself I didn't opt for the 2 tone from factory... I love the looks of it. I would've gone Ingot silver with my white platinum.

Good news is: I'm a bodyman with access to a bake curing paint booth.... I can drive in Friday night and be cruising around rockin' the 2tone by Saturday night if I want.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM
just got off the phone with the dealership. closest lariat with red/beige is about 200 km away. only one on the lots in all of ontario! these lariats with two tone are getting to be slim pickings. have to drive an hour to see a black and tan one!
looks like its road trip day tomorrow. need to make up my mind.
keep the pictures comin though.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
5pointslow,

Isn't that the truth. I only paid a few thousand more for my 2010 Screw Lariat than I did for my 2006 Screw XLT. The deals are amazing.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:13 PM
just got off the phone with the dealership. closest lariat with red/beige is about 200 km away. only one on the lots in all of ontario! these lariats with two tone are getting to be slim pickings. have to drive an hour to see a black and tan one!
looks like its road trip day tomorrow. need to make up my mind.
keep the pictures comin though.
That sucks man. You could probably get your dealer to do a dealer trade for it if it's the truck you really want. I was lucky and my dream truck that had absolutely everything I wanted and nothing I didn't was only an hour away.

Originally Posted by ECP
Any day now I will have a White platinum Lariat (factory order, 6th week).

Kicking myself I didn't opt for the 2 tone from factory... I love the looks of it. I would've gone Ingot silver with my white platinum.

Good news is: I'm a bodyman with access to a bake curing paint booth.... I can drive in Friday night and be cruising around rockin' the 2tone by Saturday night if I want.
You don't need to kick yourself about that because the two-tone with Ingot Silver is not an option for Lariats. Lariats have the option for Arizona Beige two-tone, and XLTs have the option for Ingot Silver two-tone.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=cegan1825;4321926]That sucks man. You could probably get your dealer to do a dealer trade for it if it's the truck you really want. I was lucky and my dream truck that had absolutely everything I wanted and nothing I didn't was only an hour away.
QUOTE]

nah its not the truck i want. wrong interior color, lack of certain options, etc. no big deal. i am okay with ordering what i want. spending all this money, get exactly what i want.
just wanna go see it so i can see the red/beige in person.
talked to the wife at lunch. road trip tomorrow. ha. make a day of it....

Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
nah its not the truck i want. wrong interior color, lack of certain options, etc. no big deal. i am okay with ordering what i want. spending all this money, get exactly what i want.
just wanna go see it so i can see the red/beige in person.
talked to the wife at lunch. road trip tomorrow. ha. make a day of it....
I'm pretty sure that the ordering deadline for 2010s has passed, at least in the U.S.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lariat with two tone pictures