floor mats wont stop sliding around

Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
floor mats wont stop sliding around

I have the rubber floors with the XL models and I have rubber floor mats that keep sliding around all the time. Ive tried taping them down but they still come loose. Does anybody know how to fix this or have this problem too?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Buy some velcro and velcro the hell out of it..

http://www.nextag.com/Velcro-Industr...65/prices-html

Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scrap08
I have the rubber floors with the XL models and I have rubber floor mats that keep sliding around all the time. Ive tried taping them down but they still come loose. Does anybody know how to fix this or have this problem too?
i had an 04 heritage(03 style) with vinyl floors and now have an 08 with vinyl floors. with the 04 i had a lot of trouble like you do. i tried those non slip mats for inside kitchen drawers, it helped a little but still slid. actually made it harder to pull them back in place with your feet while driving. i would try the velcro idea but maybe try to attach the one side of the velcro on the floor permanantly. the sticky side of the velcro will start coming off once dirt and stuff get under it. i would say maybe drill a hole in each the floor and put a nut and bolt thru the velcro and floor together. or just find another way to make it stay on the floor that doesnt include drilling. i just lived with it, ended up trading my 04 in for other reasons and now have my 08. the 08 has a deeper floor shape so my mats are fit in the area better. they still slide but only like 1 inch forward because of the better matching in shape between the floor and the mat.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 PM
or maybe try some automotive 3M tape. find it at walmart or autozone or whatever

Old 08-28-2009, 08:14 PM
some rubber cement maybe on the velcro strips? not sure if it will melt or soften anything else.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
My 05 FX4 Screw has floor mat on the drivers side that "locks" in place. There is a tab that comes up through a corresponding hole in the floor mat that prevents the floor mat from sliding. I am guessing it is the factory floor mat (says F-150 on it). Never saw anthing like this until I bought this truck, pretty cool.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paulmac
My 05 FX4 Screw has floor mat on the drivers side that "locks" in place. There is a tab that comes up through a corresponding hole in the floor mat that prevents the floor mat from sliding. I am guessing it is the factory floor mat (says F-150 on it). Never saw anthing like this until I bought this truck, pretty cool.

I believe all the carpeted floors have that little bolt that sticks up to lock the mats in place. They does not come with the vinyl flooring. I guess Ford expects people do not need mats when having vinyl flooring.

Anyway, mine slide a bit, but I'm totally used to it. The passenger side is the olny one that moves. Mainly because people aren't expecting it to slide.

Velcro is probably your best option.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by scrap08
I had the same problem, after some research I had them custom fit from weathertech. solve my problem, there not cheap, but is one less thing I have to worry about

http://weathertech-review.blogspot.com/

Old 10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Liners..

Husky Liners layer in place without moving in my work truck. Take a look at them.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by jimmayor007
I had the same problem, after some research I had them custom fit from weathertech. solve my problem, there not cheap, but is one less thing I have to worry about

http://weathertech-review.blogspot.com/
You've posted a number of links to blogspot reviews. Methinks you're a spammer.

Originally Posted by donbeeler49
Husky Liners layer in place without moving in my work truck. Take a look at them.
Your work truck has the vinyl floors? Those are pricey, but if they work they may be worth it.

Tomorrow I'm going to try something similar to the kitchen drawer liner trick, except that I'm going to use the heavier stuff that's used to keep area rugs in place. After cleaning the floors, I'll be Gorilla-gluing the backing to the backs of my rubber floormats. I'll post back with a report.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
i never tried the rug ones but i used the thicker kitchen drawer ones, i also used them on my subwoofer box to keep it from sliding...the way i drive made them slide he he...but it still slid like they werent there. the floor mats still slid. i dont think the rug ones will work any better. maybe at first but once you start getting a little dirt here and there under the mats, then the rug things have nothing to grip so they just roll on the dirt. i would try either velcro or 3M tape(very strong stuff) but still you are relying on the stickyness of the velcro/3M to hold it in place. with the textured floors, dirt finds a way under the sticky side and after awhile, it comes loose. i think best idea is to drill a hole in the floor, and lay the velcro down and put a nut and bolt thru the floor and velcro so they are PERMANANT. the velcro on the underside of the floor mat should grip better since the sticky side is facing up where its a lot harder for dirt to get there. i would drill at least 2 holes. and spray the freshly drilled holes with rustoleum or a bedliner product to keep it from rusting.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:13 AM
the XL models have have bare plastic for the floor boards, some sort of glue would be the best option IMO but then you would'nt be able to remove them.....i i got the "husky catch all " floor mats and i never had a big problem with them tho....

Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not to start anything...............but why would you need floor mats in a XL with vinyl floors

Old 03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I can only speak for myself, but as I've posted elsewhere, I plan to have my truck for a long time, and those vinyl floors will wear out eventually if you don't put mats on them. I'd rather get new mats every few years than try to repair or replace a vinyl floor covering.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
makes sense

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: floor mats wont stop sliding around