2004 - 2008 F-150

Help-Windshield washer fluid sprayer clogged

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help-Windshield washer fluid sprayer clogged

My windshield washer fluid sprayer is clogged by some sort of blockage. When I try to spray my windshield the pump engages, but the fluid simply sputters and drips a few drops from the end of the nozzle. I've heard some suggest using a can of compressed air to clear out the blockage. I've tried blasting air from the end of the nozzle (where the fluid comes out and sprays the window) towards the fluid reservoir, but it didn't clear the blockage.

Has anyone had this problem and used compressed air successfully? If so, how did you do it? If you used the air from some point in the engine compartment, where and how did you access it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Stick a needle in it? Ice is the only thing I have ever had clog my system.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I've stuck a needle in the nozzle end. That end is not the problem, and it's clear there... and it's not ice, but thanks.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
If you have a air compressor put air gun over nozzle and spray away, should back flush it into reservoir.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's my $.02.

My daughter has an 07 kia optima. Her wiper nozzles were clogged. I did all the normal tricks without success. I ended up taking the reservoir off and noticed it had a layer of crud in the bottom. Apparently it had been run dry and whatever was on the bottom formed into some sort of film. When she filled it up it broke loose the film. It clogged the inlet of the pump. I removed the pump from the tank and cleaned them both and after a good cleaning everything works perfectly.

Last edited by Stealth; 01-13-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help-Windshield washer fluid sprayer clogged