dash lights and gauges erratic, truck won't start?

Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dash lights and gauges erratic, truck won't start?

I have a 2003 F150 with a 4.2. When I turn the key on the first position, the dash lights blink and gauges sweep quickly. The truck turns over but won't start. At above 40 degrees, I can leave the key on, and in a few minutes, everything normalizes, and the truck will start. Colder, and it never normalizes. Today marks 6 weeks at the dealership. They have replaced the computer, transceiver and keys, none of which helped. They are at a loss. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Going to move this up to electrical in an effort to help you get some answers... best of luck!

-RP-

Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
replace the battery, the gauge sweep is an indicator of a dead battery

Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signron

Thanks, but I failed to mention that the battery was the first thing I changed. The dealer says it has spark, and it has power and fuel at the injectors. Apparently the ground is not pulsing at the injectors. This is regulated by the computer, which is new. It starts when it's warm, the weather has been nice, so now it's starting, and it's impossible to troubleshoot! I'm bringing it home and it will be a fair weather truck, or going to a relative's in Florida! hum... how about a carburetor?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dash lights and gauges erratic, truck won't start?