Need help vacuum line missing

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help vacuum line missing

I have a 1999 F150 XLT 5.4L Triton. The line I am looking for runs under the the starter motor relay cover mounted on the firewall behind the battery. The (3/16") plastic line comes out behind the battery and "T"'s. The bottom of the "T" goes through the firewall for the A/C control, but the in line side going toward the battery from 6" on is missing (either a squirrel or rat). Can someone tell me where I may find the other end? Have been unable to locate a vacuum schematic, only EGR side. Thanks

Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM
have you tried your local ford dealer parts department for a schematic?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I've got a couple correctly connected pics -

Diag. -

The big white T for the AC door uses the storage tank behind the battery. it's hard to see in the pics, but IF you would post one, we could help you better, - that way I could see what your missing.

Last edited by jbrew; 11-29-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey jbrew, Thanks for the helpful reply. As soon as the rain stops I will try to take and post some pics. I also have this drawing but the arrangement on my truck doesn't match. I have removed the battery, holder and washer tank and do not see a tank like the one in the bottom photo. Thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 PM
I pulled the battery and mounting, took some photos and as I was reinstalling the mounting the light came on! Duh, the vacuum can is attached to the back of the battery mounting. You have to pull the mounting out to access the can anyway, so I replace the vacuum line now everything seems to be fine. I really appreciate your help. If you hadn't mentioned pics it would have taken a while to figure this one out. By the way, as info for no-mams, Ford factory schematics are detached drawings and not detailed. Thanks again.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Right, the reservoir it's attached to the battery box lol. Clips on, glad you figured that out since I didn't mention that part.

Actually, the diagram does show everything you need to see, it might be hard to cipher, but it does show your plug-ins.

Something to keep in mind. - When working on the vac harness, never push those boots past the bulb in the 1/4" hard line, -you'll block flow and that's trouble. Your also suppose to use lacquer thinner on the boots as well. This shrink fits the boots = no leaks.

Last edited by jbrew; 11-30-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Hello to everyone. I am a reporter in the local area, and frequent this site to find out what is going on in SoWal. This is a great tool to use, it helps me to keep up with what concerns the residents here. If you have anything specific you would like me to know, feel free to send me a message.

Thanks

Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Right, the reservoir it's attached to the battery box lol. Clips on, glad you figured that out since I didn't mention that part.

Actually, the diagram does show everything you need to see, it might be hard to cipher, but it does show your plug-ins.

Something to keep in mind. - When working on the vac harness, never push those boots past the bulb in the 1/4" hard line, -you'll block flow and that's trouble. Your also suppose to use lacquer thinner on the boots as well. This shrink fits the boots = no leaks.
^^ good point. Glad I joined this forum already

Quick Reply: Need help vacuum line missing