Flareside Bed

Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Ab7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flareside Bed

Hi everyone, i am new to this F150 online forum, but would like to know some opinions as well as some answers.

i just got a 05 f150 king ranch in a copper color, but the bed is wrecked, i have always loved the flareside bed on a truck, although i dont know how is it going to look, i have checked a few images on the web trying to see how it looks but no luck, now i dont know if it will fit, since mine is a shortbed 4x4 and i dont know if the flareside bed that i get will fit.

i have found a flareside bed for $1400 i dont know if its a fair price or overpriced. if you have one for a cheaper price let me know.

also one of the rims is in bad shape, would like to know who has one rim for sale. they are 18's

thanks for readong, hoping to hear from someone

Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not that i have anything to add that will help...
but that being said, this sounds really cool. good luck, and keep us updated!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I gots to say I agree with you on the flareside setup. I have a flareside on my 06 f150 and it looks sweet, deff makes it more sporty looking. Do you have the 5.5 or 6.5 shortbed?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Hate to shoot it down, but the 05 King Ranch was only available in the Supercrew 5.5 bed configuration, and the only flareside beds are 6.5. You would have to lengthen the frame... it would be much easier to just get another 5.5 styleside bed.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like it wouldn't fit the frame...but def a cool concept, especially w/ those king ranch colors

Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Ab7
thanks guys for the info, i do have the 5.5 short bed, and yes i kind of saw that coming, since i have not seen one truck like that on the net. ok well it was good i didn't purchased the bed. thanks will keep the same styleside 5.5 short bed then.

regards

Ab7

Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
Hate to shoot it down, but the 05 King Ranch was only available in the Supercrew 5.5 bed configuration, and the only flareside beds are 6.5. You would have to lengthen the frame... it would be much easier to just get another 5.5 styleside bed.
I hate to bring up and old topic but I have a question. Aren't all F-150s on the same chassis? Reason being is because you can't get a regular cab with a 5.5ft bed for the same reason a longer bed can't be put on a supercrew. I have seen supercrews with the 6.5 bed, I don't see why the flareside bed wouldn't fit. Now that I think about it, I think I have seen a Supercrew with a flareside bed, could be wrong though. Funny I ran into this topic today cause I messed up my 05 King Ranch bed too.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Ab7
i dont know about the chassis dimensions, but yes you are right, i have seen many screw with flare side 6.5 bed on them and they look great. in fact i was trying to buy one of those for the KR, although it came a bit expensive new from the Dealership, and there were none in a junkyard. i needed the truck ASAP so i just decided to keep it original, but must say every time i see one of these screw flare side i get jealous! lol

i must say though that i called the dealership i asked them about fiting the 6.5 bed on a 5.5 one and they said it would not fit. that you would have to extend the chassis... i am not sure if this guy knew or ever tried doing it. but maybe you should do a little bit more research and not giving up early as i did.

good luck

Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TucsonSoldier88
I hate to bring up and old topic but I have a question. Aren't all F-150s on the same chassis? Reason being is because you can't get a regular cab with a 5.5ft bed for the same reason a longer bed can't be put on a supercrew. I have seen supercrews with the 6.5 bed, I don't see why the flareside bed wouldn't fit. Now that I think about it, I think I have seen a Supercrew with a flareside bed, could be wrong though. Funny I ran into this topic today cause I messed up my 05 King Ranch bed too.
Nope, there are several frame sizes. I forgot how many, but there are like 3 or 4 different lengths.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ab7
i dont know about the chassis dimensions, but yes you are right, i have seen many screw with flare side 6.5 bed on them and they look great. in fact i was trying to buy one of those for the KR, although it came a bit expensive new from the Dealership, and there were none in a junkyard. i needed the truck ASAP so i just decided to keep it original, but must say every time i see one of these screw flare side i get jealous! lol

i must say though that i called the dealership i asked them about fiting the 6.5 bed on a 5.5 one and they said it would not fit. that you would have to extend the chassis... i am not sure if this guy knew or ever tried doing it. but maybe you should do a little bit more research and not giving up early as i did.

good luck
Yeah it doesn't quite make sense that you wouldn't be able to fit the flareside considering how you do see F150's with the 6.5. Next time I see one of the 6.5 Screws I will see if the frame is longer or not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flareside Bed