probox vs. regular box

Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
probox vs. regular box

whats the difference, why are probox's so much better?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
proboxs are engineered i guess? not just prefabricated outta mdf and carpeted...one thing for sure the probox is made of HDF(high density fiberboard) not MDF (medium density fiberboard..go on proboxs website they show u how their boxes are made

www.proboxrocks.com

Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pro box is rhinolined and tuned pretty high for daily driving, i wouldnt get one b/c they seem very overpriced

Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I found a local shop that carries ProBox and the boxes themselves look very nice. They didn't have one in stock for my screw but I inspected one for a GM truck and there is no resonance at all if you knock on it. What I'm not sure about is using 2 8s when I can run 10s in a FoxBox. The pictures of the 8" drivers show them to appear high quality but I haven't heard them. Another nice feature is that you can bolt it down to the seat latches. The other boxes I've seen aside from the JL Stealthbox look like they just sit there and aren't bolted down.

Does anybody have a dual ProBox in a '04-08 screw that can do a review? I'm currently leaning towards a FoxBox but some stellar reviews could change my mind.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I recently installed a single 10" and I found this box and I cannot be happier. I put in 1 10" JL sub in it as well and it hits harder then my 2 10" momos I had in my old truck.

Heres the link if you want to get more info, they also have dual 10" boxes as well.
http://www.gdielectronics.com/a32110bk.html

Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
hey i'm looking at the pro box myself i heard it rocks when i get mine i will be useing a punch 1000

Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

It's probably construction. Honestly, you can build almost any box to sound great. With box resonance, that can be fixed by making sure all the joints are glued and adhered properly, you're using 3/4" MDF or better material, and you brace the box internally. I hand built a box with two upfiring shallow Rockfords and the sound is nearly flawless.

Disclaimer: I only did upfiring because of the design of the woofers. The box sits entirely under the back seat of my supercrew and no seat lift was used. Also the woofers are 12's. Otherwise I would have done downfiring, but I need the box underneath the seats cuz my nephew steps on everything, including the seats lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: probox vs. regular box