PID's for ScanGauge II XGauge

Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PID's for ScanGauge II XGauge

Any one have more Ford PID's for the ScanGauge than those documented at:

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

I'm sure there are plenty of smart people who have cracked more than those published by Linear Logic.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 02-03-2008, 01:05 AM
jsb
Question I'd like to know that too.....

Originally Posted by Scott.Boyd
Any one have more Ford PID's for the ScanGauge than those documented at:

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

I'm sure there are plenty of smart people who have cracked more than those published by Linear Logic.

Thanks,

Scott
Good Question. I'd like to know that too.

JSB

Old 02-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Good info.

How do you enter these into the scangauge to get the read-outs?

Old 02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
jsb
Ford CAN, right?

We use only the Ford CAN in that chart, not Ford PWM or CANxx? right?

JSB

Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Ford CAN PID's

I have not tried any of the other categories, I have plugged in most all of the Ford CAN PID's with success. A few don't work, and the one for gear ratio did not display correctly so I got some help and reworked it.

You can read this thread over at CleanMPG explains how I reworked it with some help over there.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8293

As far as entering them, it is explained pretty good in the Scan Gauge manual, it is toward the back....

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/SGMan5_0.pdf

Enjoy,

Scott

Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
jsb
Great Info, and Nice work!!

Scott,
That's great info about x-gauge, and very interesting. You and Carl did some amazing PID code troubleshooting there. I've saved the link for using myself. And at the near end of the thread, thanks for summarizing it for others in such careful detail.
JSB

Old 02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Good information. Thanx

Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Do these codes only work with the new X-Gauge software? Will any of them work with pre-X-gauge Scangauges??

Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I just ordered this on Friday

Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pinhead-227
Do these codes only work with the new X-Gauge software? Will any of them work with pre-X-gauge Scangauges??
No, you need the newest version of the ScanGauge (SG) to use these codes effectively. Earlier versions can send a code and display a response, but not as a "Gauge" that is displayed in real time while you drive.

If you have an older SG-II you can send it back and have them re-flash the memory to add the X-Gauge feature, depending on how long ago you bought it they will do it for free.

There is no way to get an original style SG upgraded.

Scott

Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by jsb
Scott,
That's great info about x-gauge, and very interesting. You and Carl did some amazing PID code troubleshooting there. I've saved the link for using myself. And at the near end of the thread, thanks for summarizing it for others in such careful detail.
JSB
Thank you JSB. I like to have the Gear Ratio and the Torque Converter Slip displayed while I'm driving. Even with road noise or the radio up I can glance at the ScanGauge and see if my automatic has shifted all the way up into 4th and if the TC has locked up or is still slipping.

I can not get the TC to lock at speeds below 40 mph. If I get up to about 45 mph and feather the throttle, I can get the TC to lock in 4th, and as long as I don't slow below 40 mph and don't exceed a certain max torque (still experimenting for that value) it will stay locked up. I also have MPG displayed in real time, and so long as the TC is locked you always see a significant improvement in MPG, at least 1-2 MPG sometimes as much as 5 MPG.

I'd love to figure out how to use the ScanGauge to send codes to reprogram the transmission shift points. I'd love to get the TC to stay locked down to say 30 or 35 mph, I find on my commute that min speed would get me most of the way to work locked up and getting much better mileage.

Scott

Old 02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Scott.Boyd
I'd love to figure out how to use the ScanGauge to send codes to reprogram the transmission shift points. I'd love to get the TC to stay locked down to say 30 or 35 mph, I find on my commute that min speed would get me most of the way to work locked up and getting much better mileage.

Scott
Not going to happen. You will need custom tuning software and hardware. I can cruise at 1000rpm @ 40mph though.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:50 AM
+1
After you obtan the tuning software/hardware package in addition to changing the shift points and torque converter lockup, there are other items such as spark timing, EGR percentage to reduce pumping losses, O2 sensor bias and multiplier (to run leaner), injector timing ( to reduce fuel sweep out losses ) and the elusive and mysterious Super Cruise Mode?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PID's for ScanGauge II XGauge