Anyone with the Fabtech 4.5 or 7.5 inch long travel lift?

Old 08-15-2001, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone with the Fabtech 4.5 or 7.5 inch long travel lift?

Hello all,
I was looking in to turning my F-150 into a prerunner and I really like the look of the Fabtech 4.5" or 7.5" long travel kits. Do any of you use them, if so, what size tire do you run. How does it handle on road, and how does it ride? I have driven my lowered F-150 now for more than 4 years, and I am looking for a change. Any suggestions and help would be great.

Old 08-15-2001, 11:45 PM
If you want to save 40 to 50 percent on your lift you might check AIM out

http://www.truckn.com/

Old 08-16-2001, 01:19 AM
CR1
Hey Streetcruiser, how do you like your AIM stuff? I have been looking at them for a while as an alternative to the Fabtech stuff. Please let me know if you installed the stuff yourself, which types of shocks you used, and what exactly you used to lift the back, how the hangers work with the blocks, etc. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2001, 02:25 AM
Hey CR1 I think you were replying to me,but anyway I love the AIM stuff!I had a problem with the Fabtech leveling kit I bought. The alignment shop said their was not enough adjustment left to align the front end and after calling Fabtech about the problem they said their was nothing they could do.THEY LEFT ME HANGING
with a truck that could not be aligned.Anyway I called AIM to see if their upper c-arms could solve my alignment problems , they said they would and they were right . I installed the arms easily and had the alignment done with no problem.I was impressed with the help I got from AIM so when I was ready for a spindle lift I called them first.I bought the spindles for $249 and they went on with only one small problem , the directions were not to clear on how to modify and mount the brake sheilds but a quick call to AIM solved that problem.The rear hangers mount in reverse of the stock ones meaning the shackles hang down instead of up therefore giving you about 2 1/2 inches of lift.AIM says 4" but I got only 2 1/2 that why I used the blocks.

Old 08-17-2001, 04:54 AM
CR1
I see...Thank you for the information, dwdodd.

Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 AM
I run the 7.5" lift and I've never had any problems with aligning it or in any other areas. It rides great and plus it allows you to run dual front shocks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with the Fabtech 4.5 or 7.5 inch long travel lift?