SuperCrew

adjustable pedal problems.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjustable pedal problems.

Has anybody had trouble with their adjustable pedals? My brake pedal is not moving, I have to push it to get it to go back. It just kinda clicks.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by jswford
Has anybody had trouble with their adjustable pedals? My brake pedal is not moving, I have to push it to get it to go back. It just kinda clicks.
I have an '03 S'crew. I've never had any problems with my adjustable pedals. I'll be interested to see what kind of response you get here. I do have to say however, that mine do net get moved very often.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Unhappy Adj Pedals not working

02 Screw brake pedal no longer travels, but the accel pedal still works. There is one servo motor attached to the accel pedal to drive it and a rotating cable that runs to the brake pedal. Teeth on the plastic gears inside the servo break and the cable no longer turns. If you push/pull the pedal while activating the system, you can at least get the pedals back into a "permanent" location that you can live with. Ford does not sell the internal components, so if you want those adj pedals back it's either purchase from the dealer or searching the scrap yards for hopefully a working unit. I decided the costs were too high for pedal adjustment.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Big Red P225
02 Screw brake pedal no longer travels, but the accel pedal still works. There is one servo motor attached to the accel pedal to drive it and a rotating cable that runs to the brake pedal. Teeth on the plastic gears inside the servo break and the cable no longer turns. If you push/pull the pedal while activating the system, you can at least get the pedals back into a "permanent" location that you can live with. Ford does not sell the internal components, so if you want those adj pedals back it's either purchase from the dealer or searching the scrap yards for hopefully a working unit. I decided the costs were too high for pedal adjustment.
How much was the fix/replacement going to cost? I am having the same issue in my 2002 Extended Cab.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:38 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Big Red hasn't logged in for over 10 years.

Quick Reply: adjustable pedal problems.