pre-cut window tint

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pre-cut window tint

have any of you guys tried the precut window tint on ebay? its like 8.00 for two windows....was going to order some but thought i would get some info first thanx

Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I buy my precut tint from here:
http://www.northerntint.com/

100% high quality

Old 11-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by built54

100% high quality
thanx built54, will ckeck them out

Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by built54
x2 on them. they are great. i had a problem with something. technically it was something i messed up on installation. since i had also initially bought their install kit with the different squeeges and all, they sent me the window i messed up. i bought tint kits from them for my F150 and also a bunch of other cars/trucks that i had before.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
how difficult is this to install? i only want to tint the front two windows to match the rest of the truck. i think the factory has a pretty light tint on the front that would need to come off, right?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
You wont be taking off the factory tint, its in the glass. check your local laws regarding tint. each state is different. I cant get an inspection sticker on mine without removing it first. So I retint each year . Id like to think Im getting better each time, but not having perfect conditions at install time can cause problems.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
jon, do you have to take off everything or just the front windows? im going to retint my truck darker with a kit i bought from the above vendor. im hoping it goes ok since the kit was for a truck i had, but then sold before i put it on.

the pre-cut kits are great. makes things so easy. if i recall, they include instructions. but since i have tinted before (not professionally) i never read them.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Northern Tint here also, view my experience by clicking the "20% Tint" thread link in my signature.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jon Bourget
You wont be taking off the factory tint, its in the glass. check your local laws regarding tint. each state is different. I cant get an inspection sticker on mine without removing it first. So I retint each year . Id like to think Im getting better each time, but not having perfect conditions at install time can cause problems.
i doubled checked yesterday after reading your post. there is a definate seam when you roll down the window where the tint line is. now i bought the car used so it could be aftermarket, but the truck was completely bone stock when when i bought it and all the other windows appear to be factory privacy glass.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Darren,

I'm thinking about ordering precut tint from Northern Tint (if they'll ever return my call or answer the phone). Looking at their website they only offer metallized tint (which i know is better than dyed), but I had a local tint shop tell me that metallized tint would not blend well with the factory tint on my rear doors and back glass. I don't see anything strange in your pics, have you noticed anything?

Quick Reply: pre-cut window tint