Anybody Else Having Stock Truck Car Alarm Problems¿¿¿¿

Old 03-19-2001, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody Else Having Stock Truck Car Alarm Problems¿¿¿¿

I hate my stock auto intrusion alarm that came with my 97 F150! The dang thing goes off at odd times for no freakin reason. Seriously. It has gone off sitting in my front driveway, at the shopping center parking lots, and lately it seems to do it right after I park and take the keys out. It's the craziest thing. Just yesterday I parked it in the driveway and as soon as I took the keys out it went off. Nothing I did would stop it. None of the buttons on the remote stopped it, and opening the door did not stop it. When I pushed the Panic key again it just made the lights and horn flash louder and faster. What a piece o-crap. And I seriously doubt that I am accidentally pushing the Panic button on my remote that many times!
So I am at the point of disabling the panic button just to see if that is the problem. Please, if anybody else is experiencing this please reply. Let me know that I am not losing my mind.

Thanks,

------------------
97 F150 Reg Cab Short Bed
4.2L Auto
Current Performance mods=
Accel 9000Series Race Plug Wires
Motorcraft Platinum Plugs 60 Series Heat Rating
K&N Air Filter(Modified Stock Airbox)
Flowmaster 40 Single in/out.
B&M Shift Improver Kit(highly recommend!!)
Current Musical Improvements=
California Profile3600 running two front Pioneer5x7 three way speakers and a single 10" Cerwin Vega in my homebuilt port tuned box.
Pioneer Cassette/cd control head unit with matching Pioneer 6 disc changer.
1/2 Farad Stinger cap.

My other truck is an in the works 1950 Ford pickup.

Old 03-19-2001, 05:10 PM
Talking

I know, it is getting kind of embarassing for me too. When mine goes off the only way it will stop is if you put the keys in the ignition. How can you disable it? Or are you not sure. What I've gotten into the habit of doing is opening the door, locking it, then shutting off the truck. That way the doors are locked but the 'theft' light isn't blinking.

------------------
'97 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 4X4
  • White/Silver, 4.6L, Auto.,Open 3:55
  • 265/75/16 BFGoodrich AT's on polished 16x8 AR-136's
  • Cat-back Dual Exhaust (Straight pipes with big chrome tips)
  • Black Polar Bear Grille Guard
  • Stock '01 AM/FM/CD stereo

Old 03-20-2001, 08:22 AM
Lightbulb

Hey FlatLander,
I plan to take the key fob apart and place some non conductive tape between the button contact and the printed circuit board, so then when I push on the Panic button it will not work. So for now on, when I park my truck and the alarm goes off, then I'll know that it's not me accidentally pushing the panic button.
I don't want to have to resort to doing what you're doing when you shut it down. If it persists, I just might take it to the dealership to see what they say.

Old 03-28-2001, 07:37 PM
Having same problem... mine stops when I push the panic button though. Truck does not need to be locked, the theft light isnt even blinking or solid, and it still goes off. Seems the fuse is shared with some of the lights, so can't remove that... any ideas of how to disable the system?

Old 03-29-2001, 08:18 AM
Talking

Well it has almost been a couple weeks since I disabled my Panic button on my key fob, and lo and behold....the alarm has not mysteriously gone off. It's still to premature to tell if it was just the panic button setting it off. I will keep it disabled over the summer just to be sure.

ishannon; I have no idea how to disable the alarm. I only disabled the panic button on my key fob.

Old 04-02-2001, 11:49 AM
I found out how to disable it... I unplugged the second cable on the RAP module. Doors dont automatically lock anymore thuogh, I'm sure if it was that importatnt to me I could figure out which wires in the plug but it's not, so I won't. Unplug one of the connectors and try your key fob, if you can't lock the doors anymore, its the wrong one. Also, panic button will still work, and the theft light comes on like usual but instead of blinking it will shut off and alarm does not work. Hasn't gone off since, so I guess it wasnt my panic button, because that still works.

Old 04-05-2001, 09:21 PM
I have a 98 F-150 with the same problem. I have found that it is NOT the panic alarm, but the anti-theft alarm. The truck will not start when it goes off. The dealer checked the truck, said there was no problem. No error codes in the computer! My neighbors liked that one. The alarm goes off in the middle of the night, 2 min. after I park it, or just when I turn the truck off. There is no pattern.
My solution at the moment is pulling the fuse for the Horn, which is also the fuse for the cruise control. At least my neighbors getting a good nights rest now!
The next step is replacing the alarm with a new one, $180 just for the part.

Old 04-08-2001, 09:38 PM
Littlejar, try my suggestion.. only "side effect" that I've found, is the doors no longer automatically lock. Panic button, horn, and cruise control all work.

Old 04-23-2001, 08:38 AM
Angry

Freakin A!!!! My dang stock truck alarm went off again last night!! It went off at midnight Sunday. What a piece of crap! It was very windy last night, but I don't think this alarm is activated by external forces on the truck? I still have the Panic button on the key fob disabled, so there is no way that the key fob sent the signal. I do not have a manual that tells me about the stock alarm system. Would it go off if the truck is shoved or rocked hard enough from the outside? Or will it go off it someone repeatedly pulls on the door handle while the door is locked?

------------------
97 F150 Reg Cab Short Bed
4.2L Auto
Current Performance mods=
Accel 9000Series Race Plug Wires
Motorcraft Platinum Plugs 60 Series Heat Rating
K&N Air Filter(Modified Stock Airbox)
Flowmaster 40 Single in/out.
B&M Shift Improver Kit(highly recommend!!)
Current Musical Improvements=
California Profile3600 running two front Pioneer5x7 three way speakers and a single 10" Cerwin Vega in my homebuilt port tuned box.
Pioneer Cassette/cd control head unit with matching Pioneer 6 disc changer.
1/2 Farad Stinger cap.

My other truck is an in the works 1950 Ford pickup.

Old 04-24-2001, 08:20 AM
Angry

It happened again! I got home after a little joy ride in my truck and the dang alarm went off again! The only way I could get it to shut off was to use the panic button on the remote. This pisses me off soooo much. I will be making a call to the dealer today. If there is no way to turn the system off, then I'll be looking for a new aftermarket alarm system real soon!!!

Old 04-25-2001, 10:29 AM
Unhappy

Well, I did like the Ford Service Electronics Tech told me to. I sprayed the door latch mechanisms with liberal amounts of WD40 and opened and closed each door two dozen times to hopefully clear up and lubricate the door ajar sensor. I will keep my fingers crossed. If this doesn't work, then I'll have to take it to the dealership and see how much it will cost to fix/replace?

Old 05-10-2001, 10:44 AM
Angry

Arrgghhh. It did it again. I think that was about 2 weeks that the WD-40 lasted. I saw a post somewhere in here that someone replaced his door ajar sensor switches for about $10 a piece. I guess that is my next step to take.
And by the way, I asked the Ford dealership yesterday if there was anyway to disable the alarm system and still have the remote door functionality and they said that it would take a completely different alarm module=$$$$. So for now, I will just try to get the door ajar switches replaced.

Old 05-10-2001, 03:46 PM
When the alarm goes off, are the interior lights on? If they are, then it could be the door switch/es. If the lights aren't on, then logically thinking, it can't be the switches.

Old 11-21-2002, 01:23 PM
I too have this false alarm problem as posted in other threads this forum. No dome lights, no other symptoms of door latch/switch failure, just crazy false alarms, day or night, fobs are way out of proximity. Only pattern is it doesn't happen in the summer.

How to disable just the alarm until a fix is found? Due to cell phone using idiot soccer moms, I need my horn. What's this about ajar switches?

Thanks for any and all info!
-Woovis-

Old 09-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Exclamation

Has anyone having this problem ever found resolution?

My alarm continues to go off for no reason, sometimes right after I park and remove the keys like Cigar notes above, sometimes at 4 in the morning for no reason.

I too have given up and pulled the fuse for the horn but I need it back!

One dealership actually found codes that indicated "ignition tamper" but didn't know what to do about it.

With this many trucks doing it and this many years gone by, there has to be an answer out there by now?

Thanks,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody Else Having Stock Truck Car Alarm Problems¿¿¿¿