Want to disconnect door chime

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, you can resolder the speaker if you are careful taking it out and dont get it too hot. ive never had anyone want it back in though. you could buy a gem module for about 150 if something happened. I believe that the keyless modules on 97 and 98 are diff than 99 and 00. ill have to do some looking at work, ill get back on that

------------------

Last edited by kidtriton; 05-21-2002 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2000, 09:53 AM
Cool

fourhour,

Check the Lightning thread and search for keypad. The information on doing this came from an expedition site and I think you will find the information on that site as to whether or not you have the required module for the 1998. I believe if you have the factory anti-theft system you can do it. The one where if you open the doors while armed the horn will start beeping. You should be able to tell by the "Theft" light on your dashboard.

Old 10-11-2000, 08:19 AM
Question

Is the speaker the same one that tells you if you left your lights on?

Old 04-12-2001, 11:06 AM
Try this:

https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000369.html

------------------
2001.5 SuperCrew XLT 4X4
Silver Clearcoat Metallic
Deep Wedgewood Blue (accent)
5.4L V8
Chrome Tubular Step Bars (Ford)
Captains Chairs
Power Moonroof
3.55 LS
6750 GVWR
Class III Towing Pkg

Mods:
Harley Davidson Exhaust
'01 Lightning Head/Tail Lamps
Pioneer DEH-9200r
Boston Acoustic Components & 5X7s
Box Liner (Ford)
Splashguards (Ford)
Bug Defector Doubles as Rock and Sand/Salt Deflector in these snowy Canadian winters

To Come:
17" Rims/Tires
K&N Air Filter

Old 04-12-2001, 02:30 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jefflaws:
yes, you can resolder the speaker if you are careful taking it out and dont get it too hot. ive never had anyone want it back in though. you could buy a gem module for about 150 if something happened. I believe that the keyless modules on 97 and 98 are diff than 99 and 00. ill have to do some looking at work, ill get back on that

</font>
Jeff,have you ever had a radio antenna leak water through the middle? My radio has now been out twice because of a mysteriuos leak that I found by chance when the antenna wire was hanging out of the dash. Any info would be great.

------------------

Old 04-15-2001, 09:17 AM
I have the easiest way to overcome this chime while you are working on your truck while you listen to the radio..... I just hope you don't kick yourselves for not using this method, because it took me a little while to figure out how I could do the same thing. You have to have the key in the ignition and in the Acc. position....Well just put your key to the "On" position (but don't start the truck) instead. This way you will only hear the door chime 3 or 4 times and it will go off. What do you think???

Old 04-15-2001, 09:19 PM
There is a much simpler way to disable door chime people. On my Screw, loosen the lower steering column shroud, you will see the ignition chime wire. Do a search on previous posts for the last 90 days "disable door chime" for color codes.

If I remember,it is black with a purple strip,a little different guage than the rest. Cut it, done. 15 minutes. Chime still works when lights are left on. That module is buried, would be a 2 hour minimum job.

------------------
2001 Screw, 4x4, 5.4L, 3.55LS, trailer tow III, 255-16 tires, skids.

Superchip
Gibson Stainless SS
AirRaid FIPK
Century Cap
Line X, other misc.

Old 04-15-2001, 09:58 PM
Chucky is the man! Did mine today, but spent a little more time putting a microswitch into the plastic cover so I can switch it off and on in case my wife or kids borrow the truck. The chime will help keep them from forgetting the key in the ignition as I do think the feature has merit, just not for me. jb

------------------
99 SC Sport XL, Silver everywhere
4.2 auto, 3.55 rear gear
Split bench w/drivers side raised 2" in back
Stock AM/FM w/2 cheesy speakers
Ford brand bedliner, Mobil 1 w/Motorcraft FL400S filter
DynoMax single in/out muffler

Old 04-23-2001, 05:37 PM
Exclamation

The CHUCKY TUCKY thing works great BUT! if you want to listen to the radio with the drivers door open!!!!!!! and if you also have DRL's and dont want to run fans and other stuff just close the latch!

------------------
2001 Super Crew Built 10/00 purchased12/00 Lariat 5.4 4X4 Bright Red,Tow Package, 1.42" Radaitor, Factory Steps, K&N air filter, A.R.E. LS II, Rear Seat Entertainment System, Sound System Upgrades,Ford System 4 security upgrade, DRL'S, Vent Shade Vent Visors, Stampeede bug Deflector. Owner installed "Off Road Package" with custom made decal. Hope to upgrade soon to Gibson SS or Dual Sport!

Quick Reply: Want to disconnect door chime