Removing Central Junction Box

Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Central Junction Box

I would like to get access to the 12V line going into the CJB in the right kick panel of my F150. I have an AllData account, but can't find any information on removing the fuse box. I have a 7-fuse block I want to hook up for some accessories, so just connecting to the cigarette lighter wires won't cut it.

Anyone have any instructions on doing this? I want to try to avoid having to run a power line through the firewall.

Last edited by kuruption; 05-09-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I just swapped out my fuse box as I added the new heated towing mirrors

heres a pic, The main 12v going into the box is the black cord from the positive side of battery.

best way to do it would be slipping a eyelet over the bolt.
I don't have a pic of in on but there is a plastic cover that has to be removed that protects the bolt,two clips on the top and bottom, also it is very tight to get to in the back side.

Last edited by blackjack8900; 05-09-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 AM
This is utterly ridiculous.

I can't get that damn cover off. It seems the only way to really get to it is to remove the entire fuse box, and hope that there is enough extra lead on that 12V line to get it to an area I can play with, but it doesn't seem there is enough.

I can't believe how difficult Ford makes it. How do they expect the box to be serviced at the service shops if they cant get that cover off? Do they make them buy a special $150 tool that removes it easily?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Are you taking about the main cover for the fuses or the cover for the main 12v line?

For the main cover you simply pull out and up from the bottom and it should slide off.

For the 12v connection, there are two little tabs on the top and bottom that need to be lift up just a little bit to allow the cover to slide off, And yes it is very tight and you can not really see what you are doing!

Once you get it off there is a little to play with but not much.....what about just using a eyelet over the bolt then to your fuse box? that way you are not messing with that line...

Old 05-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by blackjack8900
Are you taking about the main cover for the fuses or the cover for the main 12v line?

For the main cover you simply pull out and up from the bottom and it should slide off.

For the 12v connection, there are two little tabs on the top and bottom that need to be lift up just a little bit to allow the cover to slide off, And yes it is very tight and you can not really see what you are doing!

Once you get it off there is a little to play with but not much.....what about just using a eyelet over the bolt then to your fuse box? that way you are not messing with that line...

Thanks for the help. After my rant I went out to the truck and just yanked out the entire fuse box. I was tired of playing with it and figured it would be easier to just pull it out. So I did, got my wire hooked up and got everything back up and running....... truck even starts now, too.

Thanks again for your help. Your picture gave me a good sense of where the connection was and made me feel relatively confident I wouldn't be having my truck towed to the dealer Monday morning.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by kuruption
Thanks for the help. After my rant I went out to the truck and just yanked out the entire fuse box. I was tired of playing with it and figured it would be easier to just pull it out. So I did, got my wire hooked up and got everything back up and running....... truck even starts now, too.

Thanks again for your help. Your picture gave me a good sense of where the connection was and made me feel relatively confident I wouldn't be having my truck towed to the dealer Monday morning.
Good to hear, Glad I could help

I know when I switched out my fuse block I had the same thought go though my head "man I hope my truck starts"!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Central Junction Box