Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open
http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...door-open.html

ISSUE
Radio continues to play even while the door is opened. This could be symptomatic of the accessory delay relay stuck in on or this could be the fault of corroded wiring.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Old 03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know how you can take the key out of the ignition (after turning off), and radio continues until you open the door?

Well, yesterday I opened the door, and the radio kept playing. I figured maybe it was a glitch...but test after test, restart after restart over 2 days....problem still occurring.

Anyone have this problem before, and if so, do you know what the fix is?

Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radio stays on

hi, here is a similar post with the same problems.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300939

I too have similar problems, which i am hoping gets looked at in the shop this week.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
from the sympton you are describing, its seems as though you accessory delay relay is stuck on.

when you open the doors does your door ajar light come on?

if all your doors make the door ajar light come on, then the switches in the latches are ok, and the connector the link is talkin about is ok.

if your doors do NOT make the door ajar light come on, then ignore what i am saying, and proceed to find the connector in the link.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I have the same problem. Radio does not shut off, interior light does not come on when door opens, electric seat memory will not work. When going into the data computer when I attempt to set auto door locks, or headlight delay timer it reads "data error" or some thing similar.

I see there is talk here about a 3 pin connector in a wiring harness some where
between the front and rear seats. Anyone have a more detailed description? How do I access this harness? Under lower chassis door trim? Do I have to remove any seats? Is this under the carpet? Any help appreciated.

Keith

Old 03-16-2008, 05:26 PM
i would like some help as well i have the exact same problem autolock data error autolamp delay data error radio stays on door ajar does NOT come and chime does NOT come on
????????????

Old 03-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I have the exact problem. Has anyone discovered the solution?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lime05
I have the exact problem. Has anyone discovered the solution?
Corroded wire underthe rear sill plate on the driver's side. Fixed the wire and all was well.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a common problem, I had that same problem on my 06 after less than a year. They fixed it under warranty no questions.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
I have the exact same problem. I see water has got into the rear sill area of my 04 Supercrew lariat. I don't see any corroded wires...i must not be looking hard enough. Any tips would be helpful. A picture of the affected wire would be awesome!!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok, I've been through everything with a fine tooth comb and this is very frustrating.

I have a 2004 f-150 supercrew lariat. Issues are as follows;

When the engine is running, when any door is opened the door ajar light and dome lamps do not illuminate.

When the key is turned off, but left in the ignition. The dome lamps illuminate for about 30 sec and then turn off. Opening any door will not turn them back on. The radio stays on...opening a door does not turn it off. No door chime if door is opened.

When key is removed from ignition and doors have been opened. Windows, sunroof, radio are all still operational. Dome lamps still do not turn on. No chime if headlights left on. Battery saver kicks in after 20min or so and shuts the radio, windows, etc off. Once the battery saver kicks in....radio, windows, etc are not powered until the key is turned to the 'on' position...(Which is great..cause for that moment, it works like it should)

Dash display indicates "Auto locks - Data Error" and "Autolamp Delay - Data Error"

Note: Everything else works on the truck, Power mirrors, locks, pedals, seats, third, brake light, heated seats, A/C...have not tried seat memory or keypad entry though.

I have gone through the wiring in the driverside sill wells both front and back...everything looks good, I see no corrosion to any wires or connectors in the sill. I have swaped the accessory delay relay with the headlight relay, nothing. I have sprayed door locks with cans of WD-40. I have prayed to god. Nothing.

Its like the truck dosn't realize that any of the doors have been opened. What are the chances that its the ECM or the BCM? Any thoughts?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Okay, took it in to the dealer and they ran a diagnostic.
They tell me that the Viper Remote starter has fried part of the BCM body security control module. Not Cheap for a new one ~$1000.00 ouch!

Can I get one from the wreckers and plug it in? or does it have to be programmed?

Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 PM
solution for me

Well I have the exact same problem .... radio data error etc etc, had it into 2 shops, the first one said it was door switches which put things on an open circut....they changed 2 door switches...no fix!!! then the next garage said it was my VSM, they are tracking a new one down, they said that it was a part that was unavailable???? they dont make replacements???? he looked about as stumped as me. They are finding a replacement and will change it...he said the thing is fried!!! I also have a remote start/alarm but it was dealer intstalled ford aftermarket. I will post if the vsm change fixes the issue.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
could you post the color of the wire? that would be helpful thnx

Old 04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fixed!!!

I finally fixed the problem today. I found the bad splice in the wire, fixed it and now my radio shuts off when I open the door...and I don't have the data error anymore. Oh ya, and my power seats memory function works again.

FYI: The wire is Violet and is located on the driver's side wire bundler, right before the bundle goes into the rear pillar area. I took a picture if anyone is interested...

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 PM
i Fixed the problem as well theres a violet wire and a purple wire thaqt spice into a violet wire near the back of the rear sill plate on the drivers side its just taped up with the hockey type tape????? wich is why theres a problem all the water soaks up and sits there but ya so loads of corrosion cleaned it up works like a charm!!!![/IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Josh/My%20Documents/Josh's%20camera%20pics/100_00834.JPG[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open