No Start Condition - PATS Activated

Old 05-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Start Condition - PATS Activated

I have a 2000 F-150 5.4L 4X4 auto. Yesterday I used a Superchips 1715 to reprogram my truck. I followed the manual exactly, however it did not reset the PATS. I disconnected the battery as indicated for 15 mins and then for 2 1/2 hours with no results. Left the battery disconnected overnight with the headlight switch on and still no results. This morning I reinstalled the stock program and had the same problem. I contacted Superchips and the tech walked me through several procedures with no results. He told me to have it towed to a dealership, send them all repair bills and the tuner and that I would be reimbursed - until I told him that I purchased the tuner used and he then informed me that I was on my own to get it repaired. I have tried many of the procedures found here with no results. The tuner was not locked and appeared to function properly. There is no chip installed on the computer. The tuner is reading DTC P1260 - Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized and will not clear it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear this code and get me going again?

Old 05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Whereabouts in Georgia are you? If you're around the Muscogee/Chattahoochee county area, I'll drive over and reprogram your keys for you, save you a buck or three. I'm not familiar with tuners, but for whatever reason, maybe the tuner performed some kind of parameter reset or reset the keep alive memory and wiped your keys out.

Gimme a call at my work number, 706-322-5575, if you are, ask for Quintin Likely.

Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bumped, and I dunno if it was you, but I think I missed a call this morning around 9:15ish or so.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Same problem as you

Originally Posted by rdyches
I have a 2000 F-150 5.4L 4X4 auto. Yesterday I used a Superchips 1715 to reprogram my truck. I followed the manual exactly, however it did not reset the PATS. I disconnected the battery as indicated for 15 mins and then for 2 1/2 hours with no results. Left the battery disconnected overnight with the headlight switch on and still no results. This morning I reinstalled the stock program and had the same problem. I contacted Superchips and the tech walked me through several procedures with no results. He told me to have it towed to a dealership, send them all repair bills and the tuner and that I would be reimbursed - until I told him that I purchased the tuner used and he then informed me that I was on my own to get it repaired. I have tried many of the procedures found here with no results. The tuner was not locked and appeared to function properly. There is no chip installed on the computer. The tuner is reading DTC P1260 - Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized and will not clear it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clear this code and get me going again?
I was wondering how you fixed your problem(p1260)?

Old 12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
PLEASE HELP i am having the same problem. code P1260

Old 12-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Some help with analysizing a Pats code in relation to a no-start.
Look at the DTC code set in the PCM.
Then look at the code set for dash diagnostics; providing you have code charts to tell..
Even though the codes are different, they 'point' to each other because the fault detection ocurrs is on each end of the system; and so can tell you just what went wrong and what each end dosn't like.
For example a PCM DTC code of P1639 and a dash Hec code of 9601 or an A141 or an A139 tells that data a mismatch is present, the VID block in the PCM has bad data etc.
Aftermarket programmig that has a bug, missing or incorrect data will do this.
If your lucky, a PATS reprogram will fix it otherwise the PCM has to be reflashed as well as the PATS using 2 keys, from a dealer and using the correct information out of an (as built) data bank that has your VIN information.
Can't get around this once there is a problem.
Makes the vehichles pretty hard to use once stolen, altered or played with by design and intent..

Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks Bluegrass i thank im just gonna tow it to the dealer tomorrow

I'm just a little confused

Old 12-25-2007, 10:56 PM
The keys are stored in the keep alive memory? Isnt that kept alive by the battery? What happens to the keys when you disconnect or replace your battery?

Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by wreedKR
The keys are stored in the keep alive memory? Isnt that kept alive by the battery? What happens to the keys when you disconnect or replace your battery?

The codes for the PATS keys are not stored in KAM, they are stored in a special non-volatile memory section within the PCM (or the PATS module, depending on year). They are not affected by power removal.

You will need a dealer and their service tools to get it fixed. Call the wrecker.

Steve

Old 12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
WHy Do Aftermarket parts Cause problems

Ever wonder why so many after market products cause problems?

Ford engineers and intergrates entire system ( if they don't design a system the certainlyspec. it out). Ford has lots of engineers with access to super computers.

Superchips,
flowmaster
K and N
Accel, et al
have a few engineer with laptops and desktop computers.

Who is likely to design more reliable and functional parts. The factory parts are also required to meet EPA, FMVSS, etc. requirements.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Start Condition - PATS Activated