Brake pedal vibration when stopped

Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake pedal vibration when stopped

Hello

I own a 2005 5.4 f150. It is a 4 wheel drive.

I have noticed when I am stopped at a stop light I get a vibration come from the brake pedal. Doesn't happen all the time but seems to be getting more frequent.

Thanks for any help

Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Hmm, haven't heard of this one yet.

Does the vibration feel like it coincides with engine rpm? Perhaps do a brake stall to see if the vibration frequency increases.

How severe is the vibration - 'rattle your teeth', or 'barely noticeable,but certainly there'?

Any fault lights lit? 'Check Engine' lamp, ABS lamp, etc.?

Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a ABS pump problem. Are you still under warrenty?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
How loud is your music??? I've found it does not take very much volume at all to pick up the music vibrations in my brake pedal. Every once in awhile it still catches me off-guard... I'll shut off the stereo and sure enough, the vibrations end.

(I have a stock radio & speakers right now)

Old 11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Does the vibration feel like it coincides with engine rpm? Perhaps do a brake stall to see if the vibration frequency increases.

How severe is the vibration - 'rattle your teeth', or 'barely noticeable,but certainly there'?

Any fault lights lit? 'Check Engine' lamp, ABS lamp, etc.?
The vibration doesn't coincide with the engine rpm as soon as you press the gas the vibration is gone. The vibration is noticeable but not rattle your teeth. And there is no check engine light or nothing else. I am also under warrenty but I would like to see if I could figure it out before taking it into the dealer.

Jeff

Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Ok I have been still trying to figure this out. I have noticed that when I am at a stop light and the brake pedal is vibrating I can put he truck in neutral and the vibration will go away. But as soon as put the truck in drive it will come back.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff2005F150
The vibration doesn't coincide with the engine rpm as soon as you press the gas the vibration is gone.

Those 2 statements are contradictory - if pushing the gas pedal stops the vibrations, than they only happen at idle RPM.

Originally Posted by Jeff2005F150
Ok I have been still trying to figure this out. I have noticed that when I am at a stop light and the brake pedal is vibrating I can put he truck in neutral and the vibration will go away. But as soon as put the truck in drive it will come back.
This would most likely show that it is a drivetrain problem, not a brake problem. You are just noticing the vibration in the brake pedal. I suggest posting this question on the drivetrain forum.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
Those 2 statements are contradictory - if pushing the gas pedal stops the vibrations, than they only happen at idle RPM.

Yes it only happens at idle rpm but what I was trying to say is the vibration doesn't get worse when pressing the gas.

I will post in the powertrain section and see what happens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake pedal vibration when stopped