Where to run amp power wire through firewall

Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where to run amp power wire through firewall

I've got a 2004 F150. Where is everyone running your amplifier power wire and where are you going through the firewall. I have mine going through a gromet on the drivers side and it runs across the engine/firewall to the battery. Is there a place to get it through the firewall on the passanger side being thats the side my amp is on..thanks

Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have mine going through the same place. I was scared when I did it because its so close to the exhaust headers. Its been fine though. Just run a longer power wire and itll reach. Or I hear you can go through the passenger fender.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
There is a grommet directly in-line with the inside edge of the battery on the firewall on the passenger side. It's about 7" down and sort of lines up with middle height of the battery. I used this grommet this weekend to run my power wire to a new yellow top Optima. If you search this forum as I did you'll find numerous posts with a lot of photos that show the grommet location and routing of 1/0 power wire. The search engine on this forum is great and is truly your friend! I am almost done with a rather extensive install in and '05 SCAB with amp board and amps on the rear wall, big 3 (or 4), and dvd head unit. I have only asked the members directly for a couple of 'off the wall' suggestions, but the entire install including rear seat removal has been done using the search engine and photos posted by members.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
i second big mac on that i used the rubber gasket that is on the passenger side to pass my power lead for my amp thru, it's kinda a tight fit, helps if you have someone pushing the cable thru while you pull from the other side, that seemed like the easiest place i could find though.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Its easier to go underneath the truck and into the Grommet at the rear of the kick plate.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Its easier to go underneath the truck and into the Grommet at the rear of the kick plate.
yup thats what i did.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Thumbs up wire

The grommet at the rear of the kick plate is where I ran my 1/0G amp(s) ground wire down to the frame....

Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 PM
When you ran it under the truck what did you secure it to?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by jdew1920
When you ran it under the truck what did you secure it to?
There, I had to drill a hole in the angle bracket welded to the frame that the rear of the cab body mounts to, and then used a small grinder on my dremel tool to take off any paint/grease/dirt to ensure a good ground. The mount has a big rubber doughnut that cushions the frame/cab interface. The bracket is aout 4-6" to the rear of the hole in the kickplate. I have a Knukonceptz digital power distribution block, and with the Big 3 (or 4) I have 14.6/14.7 constant volatage when the engine is running. It drops to 12.4V when the engine is off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to run amp power wire through firewall