Best Chip for 2007 F-150 4.6L for Gas Mileage?

Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Chip for 2007 F-150 4.6L for Gas Mileage?

I just purchased a 2007 F-150 with the 4.6L gas engine. I do a lot of highway driving (35-40K per year). Any suggestions for the best chip to increase my fuel mileage?

Old 06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Cnote,

Well, to start with, a 2007 F-150 with the small 4.6 engine is not a vehicle that is going to get "good" gas mileage, but I'm sure you knew that before you ever bought the vehicle.

There really is no such thing as a "gas mileage chip" per se - though we can usually get you some mpg gains from our tuning.

Also, your vehicle cannot use a traditional "chip", you have to have a flash device to actually flash the PCM - in the F-150, that started with the 2004 model year, just FYI.

OK, with all that out of the way....

We can provide you with a hand-held tuner that will have 3 different custom tunes, and we can certainly do a tune that is designed to get the best possible fuel mileage for you - we have done that a number of times. Now I will point out that we can't make an iron-clad guarantee of better fuel mileage, as that is determined by numerous factors beyond our control, like how the vehicle is operated, maintained, etc. We also have no control over what fuel people use, as many people make the mistake of using the cheapest gas they can find, which just lowers the fuel mileage and vastly increases the deposits inside the engine - just to give you some background info on this.

All of that having been said, I think we can improve your fuel mileage - most of our customers who use good gas and who can keep their foot out of the firewall (so to speak ) do in fact see improvements in fuel mileage from our tuning, that is a common by-product even in our performance tunes, actually.

So I think that is perhaps the best way to put it to give you an accurate picture - all else being equal, I think you will find we can improve your fuel mileage a bit - now it's not going to be like 3-4 more mpg, it's usually more like in the 1.0-2.0 mpg range, with the highest gains reported occasionally topping 3 mpg - I'd say think more along the lines of what the average tends to run, as a rough guesstimate I'd say 1.2 - 1.7 more mpg usually. But that is still a very nice percentage gain, as we're not starting of with 25 mpg in the first place, so any gain you can get is money in the bank, and you'll have better performance as well.

To go over the details, etc., please give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to help you with this, and go over all of the details, answer any questions, etc. for you.

Thanks for your post, & we hope to hear from you!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Suspended
Agh screw gas mileage, go for the "performance Tune" so that way atleast while your sucking down all that gas you will have a grin on your face

Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Troyers Custom Tunes are def the best way to go... i just ordered my xcal II and intake this morning and the help was geat.. they kno what there talkin about... they have the economy tune which might be good for u... Mike Troyer- thanks alot.. i cant wait to get ur products... def the best money ive spent on my truck.. Thanks.. TIM

Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi fellas,

Scott1981, you crack me up - that's how I feel about it, and truth be told, most of our customers get better fuel mileage on our performance tunes anyway - at least, when they're not hot-rodding the truck. It's just a by-product of increased spark advance and a few other things we do, it lowers the load on the motor so if you stay out of heavy throttle for the most part, fuel mileage will come up. In fact, the only way fuel mileage will NOT be improved by our tuning is if the vehicle owner gets some low-energy fuel or drives the vehicle harder than before.

For Wang13256 - thanks very much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated - and thanks for your order as well!! I think you'll enjoy what we do for your vehicle.

Enjoy your 4th of July everyone,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Chip for 2007 F-150 4.6L for Gas Mileage?