Towing & Hauling

Trailer lights don't work

Old 03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer lights don't work

I have a ten foot trailer for a jet ski and the lights work except for the running lamps. Brake lights and blinkers work. Anyone know the solutin do this?? Is it a wiring problem or a fuse problem maybe? Thanks

Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Did you check ALL of your fuses?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Trailer park lamp fuse?

If not check that you are getting juice on the 11 o'clock position in the 7 pin connector on the truck with the park lights on. Or..the brown wire on the 4 pin connector.

If the truck checks out then you either have bad bulbs or a short somewhere on the trailer.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd definetely start out by checking fuses first, and then your trucks 7-pin or 4-flat connector with a test light. That would narrow it down to truck or trailer, and then go from there.

Robbie

Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
G1K
I'm having the same problem. I checked both the running ligh locations on the 4 pin and 7 pin connectors and no power there. I checked all the fuses onder the dash, they're good. Where else should I check?

Ryan

Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 AM
If the fuses are good and there is no power on only one connector pin..you will be tracing for a short or corrosion for lost connection.

Have fun with that.....lots of time and most are not successfull.

If you are not successful, I would run a new wire and relay off your rear tail lights to get a switched running light and feed it onto the truck/trailer wiring harness. They make fused/relayed trailer wiring harness that will plug right into the tail light wiring so you won't have to splice into anything. Just tap into a power source for the relay activation.

Goodluck...you could always seek profession help from someone like me who does this for a living. It might be the most painless fix. There is a possibility that you missed a fuse or the trailer harness connectors just has some corrosion on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailer lights don't work