CD stuck in stock unit- 2005 Explorer/Mountaineer

Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD stuck in stock unit- 2005 Explorer/Mountaineer

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually remove a CD out of a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer stock single CD/Radio? I am getting a "Eject Error" message on the LCD display when we push eject and the CD won't come out. The disc will still play and my wife is tired of listening to Sesame Street. Thanks.

Oh yeah, a search didn't help any.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
What I normally do when someone brings me a Ford with a CD stuck in the OEM stereo is to unplug the power connector going to the stereo over night. Plug it back in the next day and it'll usually spit out the CD. Occasionally you have to do it twice.

It's a fairly common problem with CD players. Something in the mechanism just needs to be reset, and for whatever reason, if you leave the stereo unplugged for 8+ hours, they'll do a complete CPU & mechanical recycle upon power up.

If something in the mechanism is broken, you're S.O.L.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:31 PM
The CD finally decided to come out on it's own. Is the power connection easy to get to on most Fords? Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Storm25m
The CD finally decided to come out on it's own. Is the power connection easy to get to on most Fords? Thanks for the reply.
Yes. All you have to do is pull off the bezel around the radio from the dash. In most cases, the bezel is just held in place with spring clips. On some models, it may also be held on with two bolts just above the climate controls.

The stereos usually have two connectors. Power typically comes in on the connector on the left (looking from the front of the unit). Just reach behind the stereo, push down on the tab on top of the connector, and pull the connector off.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD stuck in stock unit- 2005 Explorer/Mountaineer