Static in speakers while playing the radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Static in speakers while playing the radio

Yes I only get static in my speakers when I’m playing the radio stations, not cd's. So I assume it’s something with my antenna connection not being good. I have taken the deck out and checked the antenna wire from the deck all the way to the actual antenna. I cannot figure out why I’m getting static even with a perfect single. I mean you can clearly make out the music but you hear a static sound in the background like its getting bad reception. I have tried multiple channels and it’s all the same. If anyone could help me out so I could solve this problem that would be great.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Dave06
Yes I only get static in my speakers when I’m playing the radio stations, not cd's. So I assume it’s something with my antenna connection not being good. I have taken the deck out and checked the antenna wire from the deck all the way to the actual antenna. I cannot figure out why I’m getting static even with a perfect single. I mean you can clearly make out the music but you hear a static sound in the background like its getting bad reception. I have tried multiple channels and it’s all the same. If anyone could help me out so I could solve this problem that would be great.
Check the ground on the antenna. Most of the time they are grounded to the fender itself...but make sure. Try using a spare ground wire and and touch it to a separate ground to see if that works. If so, you found your problem.

Quick question...are you using a Pioneer head unit by chance?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
yes Iam using a pioneer head unit DEH-P680MP

Old 12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dave06
yes Iam using a pioneer head unit DEH-P680MP
Pioneers have a know problem with grounding/noise/static/engine noise.

I have the 5700DVD and its terrible on the radio..I also have a PSD and all the alternator noise comes through my speakers...so I am forced to keep the gains way low on the amp..but not on the subs. A REALLY good source for problem solving your issues can be found at www.the12volt.com lots of good threads there about noise with Pioneers.

Best of luck to you,

Quick Reply: Static in speakers while playing the radio