4 wheel drive vacuum lines

Old 09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 wheel drive vacuum lines

I recently had the transfer case replaced in my '97 F150. The other day I noticed something hanging down underneath the truck. They are vacuum lines that appear to go to the transfer case. Looks like they melted somehow. I looked under the hood and it looks like they go to a junction block on the pass. side of the firewall. Am I correct and would these lines cause my four wheel drive to not work? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have auto hubs?????????electric or manual transfer case????????

Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
How big are the tubes? I would suspect the breather lines for the auto tranny and transfer case. Does your 4x4 work? Are you sure they go to the t-case? If they are faded red and blue they would be the center axle disconnect vacuum lines going to the front differential.

JMC

Old 09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JMC
How big are the tubes? I would suspect the breather lines for the auto tranny and transfer case. Does your 4x4 work? Are you sure they go to the t-case? If they are faded red and blue they would be the center axle disconnect vacuum lines going to the front differential.

JMC
Except the vacuum lines for the CAD run nowhere near the t-case... they run from the firewall down to the front end, nowhere near the t-case.

Odds are they're the vent tubes as JMC mentioned....

-Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 wheel drive vacuum lines