Malco products, who uses them? Are they good??

Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malco products, who uses them? Are they good??

One of my buddies just started using the Malco cleaning and washing products that his brother sells. How is this stuff?? Justin (my buddy) is now swearing by the Malco showroom shine, isn't it basically like Meguiars quik detailer? His brother told me that Malco is the best stuff on the market, but he is also a salesman, so I don't know how much to beleive. What do you guys think??

Thanks
Paul

Old 08-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not positive... I don't think I've ever heard of them. Are they a bathtub blender? (ie: small, local wax company)?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Sorry Brad, I don't really know either. I had never heard of them until I found out that my buddys brother was a distributor for them. Thats why I posted on here to see if anyone else uses the stuff. Here is their website CLICK HERE Hopefully someone will know alittle about them

Old 08-26-2006, 05:03 PM
From the looks of the product line they have on their website they are "10 miles wide and a foot deep". Ii looks like their products are designed more toward the dealer clean up shop and low end detailers. First thought in my mind after reading their website spiel was "AMWAY FOR AUTOS"

Old 08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I've never heard of them before. Try one of the products and throw your buddy a bone. If it sucks then go back to whatever you used before.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ZAXJAX
I've never heard of them before. Try one of the products and throw your buddy a bone. If it sucks then go back to whatever you used before.
I would agree 110%. Thank goodness we have choices when it comes to this type of stuff...

Not too long ago, I tried out a 'Butter Wet Wax' from InstaFinish. They're a small company out of Gardena, CA... honestly, it's a great product. I'm actually considering buying more and using it on silvers and whites (as it looked pretty darn good on a white Civic that I recently did for a buddy -- for free because of a lost bet)

Old 08-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Speaking of whites or silvers! Any suggestions good or bad for those colors. I just bought a Seqouia for the wife. It's Artic Frost (pearl white over silver). I've used NXT Tech Wax on it with carnuba, but it doesn't pop like my Chestnut F-150.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I use the showroom qd and like it.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'm not positive... I don't think I've ever heard of them. Are they a bathtub blender? (ie: small, local wax company)?
LOL, I never heard them called Bathtub blenders before.There is one locally that actually has a few good formulas.He makes a formula specifically for black that works well another good polish he makes is called Satin Creme.A friend of mine worked at a detail shop that used several of this bathtub blenders products so I tried some of the products my friend recommended,but he was the guinea pig.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the instant shine on my atvs plastic and frame. It is decent but has some serious over spray that goes everywhere.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I have used malco prod. Flash and IMO it goes on and comes off just as good as anything ive used but I just use it inbetween waxes kind of like a quick detailer. I have not how ever used thier car washing products. I do belive thier products are only sold to licenced dealers though.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Malco products are a nationwide franchise company; they are sold by a representative who has an assigned territory much like a Snap On Tool dealer or other route salesman.

As mentioned previously, their target market is dealers and detail shops. Many of the new car dealers in this area use their products because the local rep has been in business a long time and has a very good reputation for not only servicing the dealerships, but also for helping train detail guys for those dealers.

Their products are like any other company; there are some designed to hit lower price points that do not show the same quality as products at a higher price.

For many small used car lots, the lower priced products represent a very well priced product and a good bang for the buck.

I know of a Mercedes Dealership that is one of his bigger accounts, they use his top line stuff and you can tell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Malco products, who uses them? Are they good??