Alarm too sensitive

Old 05-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm too sensitive

Anybody knows or have an idea how to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm (PowerCode Remote Start with Vehicle Security System).

Old 05-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Look for this

Depending on the alarm you have most of the time their will be a small screw on the main unit that you turn with a flathead screw driver to set the sensitivity. It's really just trial and error to get it the way you want it. And the neighbors may be annoyed for a few minutes.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
My FORD Gold has a reset button under the dash that you program the sensitivity,after setting the button up you use the remote to set the sensitivitys on different things.But if you don't have the book it's hard to set if don't know what to push on the remote to set what.I have the book if you need it if yours is setup like my GOLD.I got it installed in 03 when I got the truck.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 PM
  1. Roll your window down.
  2. Turn your key on and make sure your dome light is on. You may even want to manually turn your dome light on by rolling the dimmer switch to the on position.
  3. Press and hold the program button usually located under the dash for 15 seconds until you hear your horn honk three times.
  4. Release and press the button again until you hear the horn honk four times.
  5. Press the RED button on your remote and your horn should honk once.
  6. Close your door and lightly strike your vehicle. We are testing for the light touch or warn away mode. I usually set this kind of sensitive. Using the lock and unlock on your remote you can turn this feature up and down.
  7. After you're satisfied with the light touch. Press the RED button again and your horn should honk twice. This setting is the Full-Impact sensing. I usually set this low. For testing I usually strike the vehicle with a the bottom of my fist on the window track of the door. That's a pretty sturdy spot.
  8. When done with setting up just turn the ignition and give it a try. Make sure to turn your dome light off if you have turned it on.
  9. It might take a few attempts to get it adjusted just right.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:20 PM
This is great, Im about to install my gold alarm system in my 03 Lightning. Any pointers or tips would be appreciated. I want a real clean installation so was wondering if there are any other places to mount the antenna instead of the windshield. Also I was planning on soldering all connections, do you think thats a good idea?

Old 06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
There are many times I have just stuck the antenna at the top of the door opening by the A pillar. I just pull the rubber door boot loose and stuff the antenna behind the headliner. I do this on many F150s that have the headliner glued to the roof because the butal tape that holds the windshield in has glued itself to the headliner and I can't pull it down by the windshield to stuff the antenna cable above the liner.

I don't solder much anymore for the fact that I do so many systems and installations a day. I average duing the winter season at least 6 Ford remote starters a day plus the work load of a few step bars, bed liners and whatever ford accessory I have to install that day. When I managed Circuit City it was a mandatory thing to solder. If you do solder then make sure you do not leave sharp points of solder that can work thier way through the tape in the future. I have had many vehicles that my employees would do this and the ignition would stay on when the customer would turn the vehicle off because the ignition wires solder point had worked it's way through it's tape and into the taped joint on the other ignition wire. Just be thourough with your job thats all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm too sensitive