Help! 2006 F150 Alarm way too sensitive!

Old 03-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! 2006 F150 Alarm way too sensitive!

How do I change the senstivity to my alarm?

I dont have a "power code" key Fob just the usual three button fob.

I have keyless entry. Keypad on the drivers side door.

There is a "switch" with a blinking light on dash below the sterring wheel. Whats does this do?

I saw the thread with mention of a power code but I dont have a PowerCode remote key fob transmitter!

I only have: a Lock, unlock and red panic button.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You need to get the mfgr of the aftermarket alarm put into your truck.

The switch below the dash is not a factory item.
The blinking light on the dash is the PATS indicator ( towards the driver for the autolamp sensor wart on the dash ).

Sounds like someone installed an aftermarket alarm, and just used the factory fobs for it.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
You need to get the mfgr of the aftermarket alarm put into your truck.

The switch below the dash is not a factory item.
The blinking light on the dash is the PATS indicator ( towards the driver for the autolamp sensor wart on the dash ).

Sounds like someone installed an aftermarket alarm, and just used the factory fobs for it.
Weird as my wifes has the same exact swith on her Lariat 2006 F150. Mine was bought at Palm Springs Ford and hers at Mossy Ontario!

What's a PATS?

Old 03-23-2006, 12:47 AM
The switch should be for manual disarm of the alarm. You have to push it a *certain number of times and your alarm will shut off. Like if you were to not have your remote on you and you needed to drive your truck and your truck was armed you could turn off your alarm by using the switch. At least that's what mine is for.
*certain number of times being whatever it's programmed for by the installer. of course their about as easy to guess as a combination lock so don't worry about thieves shutting it off easily. Doesn't sound like a factory alarm but I don't know what Ford thought of for 06's.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 AM
From your description it is dealer installed security. You may take a look at your paperwork they gave you when you bought it. It will be listed, not on the factory window sheet, but in the extras you paid for. You can also call the dealer, but don't expect them to be much help. They buy these systems for very little, have some quarter trained kid install them, then charge you big bucks for them.

If you can find the name, you can get the programing information.

If you are VERY lucky, they put in a Powercode.
I suspect it is a much cheaper unit, mounted under the column, behind the kick panel. Hopefully it will have an adjustment. You could probably take it to the dealer and they might be able to adjust it. You may find they had it done at a local stereo/alarm shop.
Chris

Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wake Havasu,

PATS = Passive Anti Thieft System. i.e. the transponder key aka the key with the big head.

My '06 does not have that switch under the dash.

I did the Ford Silver Remote start, my programming push button is down by the hood release handle, in the LH kick panel. That is to set the way the Silver RMST and the non factory part of the fob for the RKE work ( i.e. I have mine programmed to have a single push on the unlock, unlocks all 4 doors, rather then the factory fob of needing to push 2 times ).

This is a dumb question, but if you use the keypad, would that not disable the alarm ? I would guess the key in the door lock alone would not.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
KARR alarm system

I know in TX the dealers here are installing the KARR make of alarm system. They have a website with a number you can call to get your local support if your dealer isn't helping. Most dealers have techs that are specifically instaling these alarms due to warranty and insurance reasons, check it out. Do you have the keyless entry with the combination key pad on the driver's door? I was thinking about getting the KARR alarm installed but only if the keypad on the door will disable it, let me know.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:33 PM
The number

Hey Wake Havasu I found the contact number for KARR alarm systems its 800-395-5277 hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! 2006 F150 Alarm way too sensitive!