Towing & Hauling

Trailer towing package relay locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailer towing package relay locations

Here is a diagram for the under hood fuse panel for a 2000 F150 showing the locations of the relays needed for the trailer battery chargers/interior trailer lights, and back up lights. The second photo is the key to the fuse panel.

Sorry for the quality, the dealer photo-copied it for me and I folded it and put it my pocket so I wouldn't loose it. Ignore the yellow highlighter.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks 36fan... I'm sure this will be a great help to several!

RP

Old 02-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Geesh, IT's like you pulled that page right out of my manual. It look identical except I used Blue Highlighter. (It's less girly )

dpostman

Old 02-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks 36fan... I'm sure this will be a great help to several!

RP
Thanks for making this a sticky - I hope others will find it as usefull as I did.

Geesh, IT's like you pulled that page right out of my manual. It look identical except I used Blue Highlighter. (It's less girly )

dpostman
I'm telling my wife that you called her higlighter girly!

I would've used MY yellow highlighter, but the dealer service rep used yellow when he wrongly told me what fuse I needed to add to get everything to work

Old 02-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Moderator &

I'm partial to green highlighters myself. I think you're both girly! LOL!

RP

Old 02-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm partial to green highlighters myself. I think you're both girly! LOL!

RP
Pink was the last resort - I tried green first, but my green highlighter had dried up.

And as far as girly, I don't want to hear it from someone that drives a cushy King Ranch!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 36fan
And as far as girly, I don't want to hear it from someone that drives a cushy King Ranch!
I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that... LOL!

Old 02-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Screw you guys, I'm taking my highlighters and going home!
(in my best Cartman voice)

Old 03-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Tee
I am getting pretty frustrated. Everywhere I look in the net there are diagrams and people who have info about the electrical systems of F150s. None of these resources are pertinent to the 1994 F150 4X4. Do you have any info on the location of the fuse or relay (that controls trailer lights) on the 94' F150? All my lights on the truck work fine. When I connect the trailer to the truck, the truck lights still work but nothing on the trailer.
They worked fine a few weeks ago.
Can you help at all?

Old 03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I am getting pretty frustrated. Everywhere I look in the net there are diagrams and people who have info about the electrical systems of F150s. None of these resources are pertinent to the 1994 F150 4X4. Do you have any info on the location of the fuse or relay (that controls trailer lights) on the 94' F150? All my lights on the truck work fine. When I connect the trailer to the truck, the truck lights still work but nothing on the trailer.
They worked fine a few weeks ago.
Can you help at all?
Sorry, I don't have the diagram for a 94. You might try popping the hood and pulling the fuses in fuse box under the hood and look to see if any fuses are blown.
If you stop by a dealer, the service dept. might be photocopy the diagram (they did for me)
A Chiltons manual would probably also have the diagram. If you don't want to buy one, you might try going to your local library and see if they have a copy. I've been surprised by how many Chilton manuals I've seen at libraries.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Tee
Thanks for the reply. I ck'd: all fuses, (good), replaced relays, tested plugs from the truck (7 pin side), only the orange aux. is hot.
I also spoke with the dealer down here and he said that year's diagram was a "bugger". It gave almost no info.
So I am back to square 1, how can all the fuses be good, truck lights working fine, and only one wire (aux) be hot on the truck's package side?

Old 03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Plug could be bad.... Try testing the wires directly behind the plug. If that's still bad, move forward to the first wire harness connector. Check the wires behind that. Keep moving forward until you get power to whatever wire you are checking. For checking the lights to the trailer, you should only need to have your trucks parking lights on. I like using a turn signal however... That way your test light should blink as well and you KNOW you have a trailer wire.....

Good luck!
Mitch

Old 03-24-2005, 01:54 AM
94 trailer fuses

If I remember right from my dad's 96 there are two boxes of fuses and relays under the hood. I could be wrong but it would be nice to know if you have trailer tow or not as a factory option. I believe you do since you have seven pin. You might want to go under the truck and check the wires. Look for anything that is rubbing sharp areas or what not. If still stumped just keep us updated.

Justin

Old 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
What I have now:
2000 F150 4x4 Lariat w/Off-Road Package.
Reciever and 4 pin connector from factory.

Just bought a 27' camper. Has 7 pin connector and electric brakes, battery, etc.

I bought the YL3Z13A576GB 7+4 connector, the relay for trialer towing battery recharge, and the rear back up light relay.

I have looked and all of the fuses in the chart above are already there for towing, 19, 20, and 101.

My question is, after I plug in the relays and change out the connector, should I expect this stuff to work? I can see female ends where both the relays plug in so I assume the wires are there. Someone mentioned having to have the computer reflashed to program the 'towing package', but that was an unrealliable source. The 'kids' at the kamper store also do not have a clue....

Please help, I have a week to try and make my truck match the trailer. I also need to incorporate a brake control unit into this eqaution as well.

TIA

Old 04-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Don't forget a trans cooler.

Quick Reply: Trailer towing package relay locations