2015 - 2020 F-150

Passenger Door "Knocking"

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger Door "Knocking"

There's a "knocking" coming from my passenger side door near the rear view mirror mount every time I hit a bump in the road. Sounds like loose hard plastic hitting the door from the inside (?). Only have 1,500 on the truck. I haven't been back to the dealer yet - I was waiting on the first service date to address. Love the truck, hate the knocking. Hope this can be fixed. Very annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? - Og

Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check your passenger side seat belt might be hitting on the plastic trim

Old 10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by bkool2323
check your passenger side seat belt might be hitting on the plastic trim
I checked the passenger belt first. I was hoping it was as simple as that, but no dice. Knocking continues. - Og

Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OgRedd
There's a "knocking" coming from my passenger side door near the rear view mirror mount every time I hit a bump in the road...
Hi OgRedd,

I escalated this to your regional customer service manager so they can help; you should be hearing from them soon.

Crystal

Old 10-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi OgRedd,

I escalated this to your regional customer service manager so they can help; you should be hearing from them soon.

Crystal
Thanks, Crystal. They called me minutes ago and got me set up. I'm going to the dealer Saturday morning for the problem. Thanks again for getting the ball rolling. - Og

Old 10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Thanks, Crystal. They called me minutes ago and got me set up. I'm going to the dealer Saturday morning for the problem. Thanks again for getting the ball rolling. - Og
Fantastic, Og; I'm glad to hear that things are headed in the right direction.

Crystal

Old 10-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Listened for the "knocking" along my passenger door yesterday. Didn't notice it at all. Then it started again this morning. The only difference between the two days was the temperature. Cold day = "knocking". Warm day = no "knocking". Weird. - Og

Old 10-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Please post what you find out. I have something similar in mine on passenger side but it is very faint most of the time. If the radio is on you don't really notice it. I thought maybe one of my kids left something in the door pockets but that wasn't the case.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by ab46501
Please post what you find out. I have something similar in mine on passenger side but it is very faint most of the time. If the radio is on you don't really notice it. I thought maybe one of my kids left something in the door pockets but that wasn't the case.
That's exactly the same area I hear it. Going to the dealership Saturday. I'll post my findings. - Og

Old 10-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Hi Scott,

I'd suggest going ahead and making an appointment to have the sound documented and diagnosed. I'd like to offer you the same assistance that I did to Og. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi Scott,

I'd suggest going ahead and making an appointment to have the sound documented and diagnosed. I'd like to offer you the same assistance that I did to Og. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal
My truck has about 3100 miles on it right now. I probably will wait and see what Og finds out in case it is something simple that I might could do myself and save a trip to the dealer. Thanks Crystal.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 PM
My truck has about 3100 miles on it right now. I probably will wait and see what Og finds out in case it is something simple that I might could do myself and save a trip to the dealer. Thanks Crystal.
Thanks for letting me know, Scott. I'll be here if you need any help.

Crystal

Old 10-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Just left the dealer without anything being done. The service advisor said their "trim guy" isn't scheduled to work today. He works every other Saturday. I have to go back next Saturday. I would go earlier, but my truck will be down for four days getting paint protection applied. Kinda ticks me off getting up so early on a Saturday for nothing. Oh, well. Guess I'll report something then. - Og

Old 10-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you get the "How did your visit go" survey from Ford you'll be able to tell them how unhappy you are with this. Dealers hate to see anything but positive comments on these.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by jr105
When you get the "How did your visit go" survey from Ford you'll be able to tell them how unhappy you are with this. Dealers hate to see anything but positive comments on these.
I was told that Ford Service contacted the dealer and informed them that I was coming and with what issue. They asked me what day I would be able to bring the truck in and I told them Saturday morning was best for me. Ford Service said they'll follow up Tuesday. I'll let them know nothing happened. - Og

Quick Reply: Passenger Door "Knocking"