2015 - 2020 F-150

Passenger Door "Knocking"

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tried to contact Ford Service back Monday and Tuesday at the numbers they gave me for a follow up. Call both days and left messages at the rep's extension and no one answers or calls back. Voice mail picks up every time. - Og

Old 11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by OgRedd
Tried to contact Ford Service back Monday and Tuesday at the numbers they gave me for a follow up. Call both days and left messages at the rep's extension and no one answers or calls back. Voice mail picks up every time. - Og
Sounds as if they know who's calling. Guess they have caller ID.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, Og!

I checked out your case notes and see that your CSM tried to reach out to you on Monday. Be sure to send a PM my way if you're ever having difficulty getting in touch with someone so I can help out. I contacted your CSM and requested a time frame in which she expects to contact you again. As soon as I hear back, I'll let you know.

Crystal

Old 11-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Sounds as if they know who's calling. Guess they have caller ID.
Lol! Thanks for the pick-me-up, ol' timer! - Og

Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi, Og!

I checked out your case notes and see that your CSM tried to reach out to you on Monday. Be sure to send a PM my way if you're ever having difficulty getting in touch with someone so I can help out. I contacted your CSM and requested a time frame in which she expects to contact you again. As soon as I hear back, I'll let you know.

Crystal
That's correct, Crystal. I got a call Monday and I wasn't in. I returned the call and a left message. Called again Tuesday and no answer. Since we keep missing one another, I'll just go ahead with the Saturday service at the dealership and call back or contact you here if there are any more issues. Hopefully the "trim guy" will be in. Thanks again for the assist. - Og

Old 11-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's correct, Crystal. I got a call Monday and I wasn't in. I returned the call and a left message. Called again Tuesday and no answer. Since we keep missing one another, I'll just go ahead with the Saturday service at the dealership and call back or contact you here if there are any more issues. Hopefully the "trim guy" will be in. Thanks again for the assist. - Og
Sure thing, Og. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Crystal

Old 11-05-2015, 04:15 PM
I hope you get it figured out. I definitely had the rattling seatbelt issue. Took me a little while to figure out it was rattling against the trim. If you turn it sideways so it slips between the side of the seat and the column, it stops rattling. Sounds like your issue is more than that though.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by TheDutchman
I hope you get it figured out. I definitely had the rattling seatbelt issue. Took me a little while to figure out it was rattling against the trim. If you turn it sideways so it slips between the side of the seat and the column, it stops rattling. Sounds like your issue is more than that though.
Yeah, but I hope it's not much more. I'm ready to fully enjoy it. - Og

Old 11-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am beginning to think my noise may be coming from the sunroof? After listening carefully it seems to be a little louder when the sunshade is open. I am not 100% on this and will keep trying to figure it out. There are days it hardly does it at all.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by ab46501
I am beginning to think my noise may be coming from the sunroof? After listening carefully it seems to be a little louder when the sunshade is open. I am not 100% on this and will keep trying to figure it out. There are days it hardly does it at all.
Bingo! Just left the dealership and the service advisor said the knocking isn't coming from the door, it's the sunroof. Which is weird, but could be true since I often vent the roof while driving. What sucks is that he said it'll be an all day job removing/replacing everything and dealing with the glass and track. Going to take it back Monday for the service. He also said they did this job on another '15 F150 - but he stated that it's a very "rare occurance". I asked if Ford knew about this problem and he said probably not because it is so rare. Well, to have a brand new truck with only 1800 miles being torn down isn't comfortable, at least the problem will be fixed. I hope. - Og

Last edited by OgRedd; 11-08-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:09 AM
To add - I've been doing a bit of research on the sunroofs in the new F150s and the findings aren't encouraging. Leaks, noises, cracks in the glass. I'll be documenting my experience before the fix only because some have reported damage to their vehicles after dealership service. And to hear all these issues from mostly loyal Ford customers speaks volume. I'm a little more concerned about my issue now. - Og

Old 11-09-2015, 11:41 AM

I may be wrong but seems like I remember that you are in the Memphis area also. If you are what dealer did you take it to. If I do decide to take mine in it might be easier going to a dealer with knowledge of the problem assuming they correct it to your satisfaction.
Thanks!

Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by ab46501
I may be wrong but seems like I remember that you are in the Memphis area also. If you are what dealer did you take it to. If I do decide to take mine in it might be easier going to a dealer with knowledge of the problem assuming they correct it to your satisfaction.
Thanks!
Right. I hope they correct the problem without making more. I'm not quite in the Memphis area but close. Landers Ford in Collierville, TN has it. It's where I purchased it. Fortunately, my service advisor said they've done this service on another '15 F150. They gave me a Focus to drive thru Enterprise. Once he told me the procedure for the fix, I got very concerned. He said the headliner, both pieces of glass and the tracks may have to come out. I'm trying to be optimistic. They had it since 7:00am and I expect a call before they close since he said it'll be an all day job. I'll keep you informed. - Og

Old 11-09-2015, 03:29 PM

Right. I hope they correct the problem without making more. I'm not quite in the Memphis area but close. Landers Ford in Collierville, TN has it. It's where I purchased it. Fortunately, my service advisor said they've done this service on another '15 F150. They gave me a Focus to drive thru Enterprise. Once he told me the procedure for the fix, I got very concerned. He said the headliner, both pieces of glass and the tracks may have to come out. I'm trying to be optimistic. They had it since 7:00am and I expect a call before they close since he said it'll be an all day job. I'll keep you informed. - Og
We bought our Mustang from Landers. I have had good experience with them in the past. Don't blame you for being a little nervous. I hope it all turns out well. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Ok. Got some good news and some not-so-good news. The not-so-good-news first. I've had the truck back from the dealer for about an hour and a half. Before I left the service department and after the fix, they asked me to take the truck on a test drive to see if I hear any noises. On the "round the corner" trip, I didn't hear any knocking - even over some bumps with the roof open, closed and vented. Good, right? Not so much. Before the service, I didn't hear the knocking all the time. So I can't be positive it's completely gone. I told them I'll continue to listen on my regular routine.

Now the good news. I was told the glass nor the interior had to be removed. Once the sunroof was completely opened, the tech was able to access a "panel" that was causing the noise. I was told they completed the fix and it was a bit easier than they thought. The truck looked as good inside and out as it did when I dropped it off. A concern of mine was making sure the sunroof stayed level with the roof when closed. The advisor also told me that the tech adjusted the passenger front seat belt slide adjust because the belt came in contact with the plastic pillar trim. This was something I noticed earlier - but I didn't adjust the slider, I just made sure the belt wasn't knocking against the trim.

I hope this little adventure helps anyone else with the same issue. Glad it wasn't too severe.

ab46501 If you want the service advisor's contact info at the dealership, PM me. I told him I know a forum member with the same issue. - Og

Quick Reply: Passenger Door "Knocking"