2015 - 2020 F-150

Has anybody actually added trailer tow mirrors?

Old 08-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody actually added trailer tow mirrors?

I've been doing a bunch of research on these mirrors. I've found a '15 F150 I like with the max tow package, but no towing mirrors. I've found some information saying you can't add tow mirrors, and some information saying you can add tow mirrors.

I'm looking at a simple XLT with no power fold. Has anybody actually added the tow mirrors and does the power adjustment of the mirror glass stay in tact? Is it plug and play?

Thank you.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 PM
It looks like it can be done fairly easily. And does appear to be plug and play for anyone interested in doing this.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/42...w-mirrors.html

Old 08-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Interceptor, i just did this mirror swap on my 15 Lariat and they swapped over just fine. mine is a 501 package and the blind spot, power fold, power glass, and all the lights in the mirrors worked just fine. the only feature that did not work was the power telescope and that's do to a missing wire in the wiring harness that operates that feature.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by interceptor
I've been doing a bunch of research on these mirrors. I've found a '15 F150 I like with the max tow package, but no towing mirrors. I've found some information saying you can't add tow mirrors, and some information saying you can add tow mirrors.

I'm looking at a simple XLT with no power fold. Has anybody actually added the tow mirrors and does the power adjustment of the mirror glass stay in tact? Is it plug and play?

Thank you.
Don't know if you solved this problem yet. I just went through the same issue recently. Bought Tow Mirrors for my 2011 F150 to tow my travel trailer. Basically if you have the standard mirror with electric adjustments, heat and turn signal you can buy tow mirrors that will work with the same plug in. Mine also came with the puddle lights which worked on my truck as well (nice feature).
Did a lot of research on YouTube and thought it was going to be hassle taking the door panels off (not very mechanically inclined). Anyway after watching the basics I had the first panel off and reinstalled in about 15 minutes. 2nd one took 10 minutes.
if you down have power folding mirrors already then they won't work on your truck unless you do some extra wiring (also shown on YouTube). I found aftermarket ones online for around 250 and you can also check Craigslist as someone occasionally opts to remove theirs.
Best of luck.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Camera?

Originally Posted by sidewinder55
Interceptor, i just did this mirror swap on my 15 Lariat and they swapped over just fine. mine is a 501 package and the blind spot, power fold, power glass, and all the lights in the mirrors worked just fine. the only feature that did not work was the power telescope and that's do to a missing wire in the wiring harness that operates that feature.
Did you have the camera option in your mirror

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anybody actually added trailer tow mirrors?