2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 F150 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's fuzzy dice territory, but I'm not a fan of two-tone leather interiors either. That seems to be the thing though with special edition packages, so somebody must like it. I don't care for all the badging, either. And the 22" wheels are useless. For what it's worth, the quality of the leather seems nice (ignoring the silly console badge)...

If it came in an all black interior, I'd consider it. I'd swap out the wheels and remove as much of the badging as I could.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by leikos
As a current X5 driver who's looking at getting an F150, I feel I should chime in here.

Why an F150? Towing and better off road ability. I'll take my X5 a lot of places that I probably shouldn't, but there's definitely a limit (though it did make it through the mud at overland expo this year, which is more than can be said for many of the more 'capable' vehicles that were there). Ideally, I'd get a Rubicon that can tow, but that doesn't exist.
Yet (2018 Grand Wagoneer)

Old 07-21-2015, 03:46 PM
MDK
I agree with crazynip. Can anyone say Lincoln Blackwood! How many guys really did anything with those? Sure maybe a tow here or there but it was a Blackwood so you weren't expected to take it off road or get it dirty. The price of trucks these days is ridiculous, now that mine has been paid off for awhile I contemplated getting a new one like the Platinum with heated steering wheel and massage seats but almost $60k is nuts! My truck only has 60k miles and its more powerful than any of these and like crazynip said if I'm gonna drop $60k and I already own a truck then guess what I'm keeping the truck and buying a garage queen worthy of $60k! I just watched a documentary on the Rolls Royce Phantom and how it's made. That is what makes a car expensive; great sound deadening, custom real wood pieces, hand stitched interior, the dash made of one piece to reduce noise, hand pin stripping, and just general craftsmanship. Granted the Limited is not a Rolls but just saying you did things better doesn't make it worth the price if the "craftsman" is an 18yr old kid that could care less about a truck. There's no heritage behind this vehicle model so you can't expect the people working on them to care about detail and slapping a pretentious number plate on it is a joke. This isn't an SVT vehicle its a truck with yet another appearance package and this, just like the Blackwood, will soon be forgotten.

And how is something called the Limited supposed to be better than something called the Platinum? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any awesome vehicle that was truly limited edition was actually called Limited on the badging. 2000 Cobra R didn't say it and neither did the 91 GMC Syclone or 06 Silverado Intimidator SS. Hell Jeep sells literally 16 "limited edition" models right now.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Old 07-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt it, at least not here, but who cares if they do? Let 'em roll their eyes if they want.
Exactly! Who the heck cares what other people think! If it's luxury to me, then it's luxury. That's all I care about.

Oh, and I can't afford those fancy schmancy snobby country clubs anyway. My nephew does work at one in Florida, though. Apparently Derek Jeter frequents it quite often. My dad was able to play it (due to my nephew working there) when he visited this spring, and they didn't laugh him out of the parking lot. He only drives a Lariat, not a Limited.

Originally Posted by Rambo
The seats look amazing.

Agreed!

Old 07-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Exactly! Who the heck cares what other people think! If it's luxury to me, then it's luxury. That's all I care about.
That's awesome logic... my buddy who lives in a trailer park and drives a 1990 Geo metro thinks his car is a "luxury automobile"... so it is!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
That's awesome logic... my buddy who lives in a trailer park and drives a 1990 Geo metro thinks his car is a "luxury automobile"... so it is!
He is richest who is content with the least.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Well, to him it is luxury, and probably to the guy down the street who only has a bicycle. To me, a Limited F150 is luxury. To you, it isn't. To someone driving a Bentley, a BMW is not luxury.

He is richest who is content with the least.
Amen to that!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Thus we get to the crux of the problem - Ford starts releasing trucks like this and all of a sudden people are quoting Socrates in truck forums. The world will never be the same.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Thus we get to the crux of the problem - Ford starts releasing trucks like this and all of a sudden people are quoting Socrates in truck forums. The world will never be the same.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
The seats look amazing.

That is one HUGE passenger door. Parking anywhere is going to suck trying to get out of that side.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Again, you pull up to the country club in a pickup truck... you will get roll eyes...
Not in Kansas....

Old 07-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by WoodsTruck
That is one HUGE passenger door. Parking anywhere is going to suck trying to get out of that side.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:17 AM
I like it and I agree that I also like that the F150's come in several levels of trim to attract all customers. While I can't afford (or can't justify spending that much money on) a new Limited I would buy one 3 or 4 years down the road no problem. I am comfortable with the knowledge that other people make more money than I do and if they want a beautiful fully loaded $70,000 truck then why should they not have one. I would pull up to "the club" in this truck no problem but then again I have pulled up to many high end places in my 03 without a second thought. I stopped given a **** about what other people think a long time ago. One of the benefits of getting older.

Last edited by grizzstang; 07-22-2015 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-22-2015, 10:29 AM
I'd take this truck over similarly priced MBs and BMWs any day. The truck is equipped with a lot of the same options and can still comfortably tow 10k+. I don't know if you've ridden in a 15 F150 and compared it to a new MB/BMW, but it's just as quiet in my experience. I'm kind of glad I didn't end up in a Platinum 150 this time around because I would've been kicking myself for not getting this.

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Limited