2015 - 2020 F-150

First time owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time owner!

I purchased a 2015 Lariat off the lot after a long courtship (and an A'ok from the boss at home. Options include:

Black/black
3.5 EB
502A
Tech package
FX4 (I had the dealer remove the stickers)
Sport appearance
Drop in liner

I am debating adding:

1) Tonneau cover - any recommendations?
2) Ford ESP - buy online - 8 years / 100k miles / $100 deductible

Loving the truck so far!

Old 06-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
First time owner!

Sounds like a very nice truck! Congrats.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Congratulations on your new truck!
I have a ARE fiberglass Tonneau cover on my 2005 supercrew now, and I plan on getting the same thing for the 2015 I have on order.

Last edited by Takeda; 06-17-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I have the ARE LS-II like Takeda on my 8 month old SCrew. It's white and it'll be the last ARE I buy. The first one I had was great. This one the color is fading to a yellow and ARE doesn't warrant the paint but 90 days. The lock, if that's what you want to call it, won't even keep out the honest people. All you have to do is lift up on the lid and it pops the lock. It's a flimsy rod going into a plastic retainer. That's what they call a lock. They are now grossly over priced too. You can buy a Ford unit that uses your ignition key for the lock and it's a well built unit. I forgot who makes them but it's one of the big name companies. I could have saved 400 bucks buying the Ford unit and the truck warranty also covers the tonneau cover. The Ford unit will look real close to the ARE, is fiberglas and the lock is all metal. Might take a look at one. I wish I bought the Ford unit rather than the ARE. It also comes with a Blue Oval on the back of the lid for a real custom touch. And since yer new to the truck, take a look at the Ford WeatherTech rear rubber mats. They go all the way under the drivers seat. Ford also offers a rubber mat for the bed with Fords name in the middle of it. I prefer that to a bedliner as the liners are usually slick and stuff just slides around. Doesn't move with the rubber mat. Might wanna go back by the dealership and look at the Ford branded accessories. Most likely the dealer will discount them since you bought the truck and haven't taken possession yet. They have some real neat goodies just made for your truck.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I have the ARE LS-II like Takeda on my 8 month old SCrew. It's white and it'll be the last ARE I buy. The first one I had was great. This one the color is fading to a yellow and ARE doesn't warrant the paint but 90 days. The lock, if that's what you want to call it, won't even keep out the honest people. All you have to do is lift up on the lid and it pops the lock. It's a flimsy rod going into a plastic retainer. That's what they call a lock. They are now grossly over priced too. You can buy a Ford unit that uses your ignition key for the lock and it's a well built unit. I forgot who makes them but it's one of the big name companies. I could have saved 400 bucks buying the Ford unit and the truck warranty also covers the tonneau cover. The Ford unit will look real close to the ARE, is fiberglas and the lock is all metal. Might take a look at one. I wish I bought the Ford unit rather than the ARE. It also comes with a Blue Oval on the back of the lid for a real custom touch. And since yer new to the truck, take a look at the Ford WeatherTech rear rubber mats. They go all the way under the drivers seat. Ford also offers a rubber mat for the bed with Fords name in the middle of it. I prefer that to a bedliner as the liners are usually slick and stuff just slides around. Doesn't move with the rubber mat. Might wanna go back by the dealership and look at the Ford branded accessories. Most likely the dealer will discount them since you bought the truck and haven't taken possession yet. They have some real neat goodies just made for your truck.
Thank you for your post Labnerd! You have me concerned now, since the truck I have on order is white platinum. The cover I have on my 2005 is a LSX Ultra series, which I haven't had any trouble with.

Last edited by Takeda; 06-18-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Quick Reply: First time owner!