2015 - 2020 F-150

All-New Ford SYNC 3 Connectivity System Launching

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-New Ford SYNC 3 Connectivity System Launching

All-New Ford SYNC 3 Connectivity System Launching on 2016 Ford Escape and Fiesta This Summer

* SYNC® 3 – Ford’s all-new communications and entertainment system – features faster performance, conversational voice recognition, intuitive smartphone-like touch screen and easier-to-understand graphical interface

* Other new features include seamless integration of AppLink™ for a simple way to control smartphone apps, Siri Eyes-Free capability for Apple iPhone, software updates via Wi-Fi, and enhanced 911 Assist® for subscription-free emergency calling in the event of a significant accident

* SYNC 3 to launch in North America on 2016 Ford Escape and Fiesta – on sale this summer – providing a safer way for Ford customers to connect their smartphones while keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel

DEARBORN, Mich., June 2, 2015 – Ford announced today its all-new SYNC® 3 technology debuts this summer in North America on the 2016 Ford Escape and Fiesta. The new communications and entertainment system is faster and easier to use with enhanced response to driver commands.

Read more: https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...16-ford-e.html

Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Very cool. SYNC 3 looks a 1000 x's better than MFT.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Does anyone think there will be a software update offered for the older systems? Love my sync, but wouldn't mind have the latest and greatest after it rolls out.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doubtful. Sync 3 runs on new hardware, including a different type of screen (capacitive vs. resistive or something like that).

Old 06-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by JBAUB749
Does anyone think there will be a software update offered for the older systems? Love my sync, but wouldn't mind have the latest and greatest after it rolls out.
Hey BAUB749!

fordmantpw is absolutely correct. SYNC 3 is a completely new connectivity system; it won't be available for previous systems. Our current SYNC models will continue to get updates (as needed) to keep you with the lastest and greatest.

Shaay

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 06-03-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey BAUB749!

fordmantpw is absolutely correct. SYNC 3 is a completely new connectivity system; it won't be available for previous systems. Our current SYNC models will continue to get updates (as needed) to keep you with the lastest and greatest.

Shaay
Is the screen the only hardware change? And if we upgrade to the new screen can we get the new sync 3?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Is the screen the only hardware change? And if we upgrade to the new screen can we get the new sync 3?
No. There are other hardware changes as well. Sync 3 is also running QNX (BlackBerry OS) instead of Microsoft.

While it has been done (a Ford engineer I believe replaced one in his Taurus), it's going to be rather complex and expensive I would imagine.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for an update for the MFT then. The 3.62 version keeps losing my phone and about every third or fourth time I have to delete it from sync and re-pair the phone. From what I hear sync has a connection problem with the galaxy S5 and 6's and the new iphone 6's. Ford keeps telling me a fix is on it's way, but I've been hearing that same song for over a year now. BTW I have one of the first GS5's, got it in feb of 14.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey BAUB749!

Shaay
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You should give up your day job and become a comedian! My 2011 is still on the original software load. Guess what, the Bluetooth protocol has changed since then and I have lost a lot of functionality. At one time my phone (running Windows Phone 8.1) could read a text message. Now it can't and the phone book no longer syncs correctly. I'm done with buying a very expensive option only to be left out in the cold with no product support.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Wookie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You should give up your day job and become a comedian! My 2011 is still on the original software load. Guess what, the Bluetooth protocol has changed since then and I have lost a lot of functionality. At one time my phone (running Windows Phone 8.1) could read a text message. Now it can't and the phone book no longer syncs correctly. I'm done with buying a very expensive option only to be left out in the cold with no product support.
Wookie,

Since 2011 there have been updates to your vehicle line. I encourage you to check out our website to obtain the latest software: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html

Whitney

Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quite the asshat comment.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You should give up your day job and become a comedian! My 2011 is still on the original software load.
Are you serious? We have a 2012 and I updated it myself twice already plus at least once at the dealer.

Originally Posted by bluegreensf150
Very cool. SYNC 3 looks a 1000 x's better than MFT.

No doubt.

Last edited by Rambo; 06-04-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Anything but Microsoft mess. I'll wait until it's in F150, this will help me decide on '16 model. I think.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
Are you serious? We have a 2012 and I updated it myself twice already plus at least once at the dealer.
I've tried to update software a few times. The update process has failed every time. I've tried 3 different USB memory sticks all with more than 2Gb as specified by the sometimes working Sync website. Every time I followed the directions to a T but no dice. The local stealership quoted me an hour or two of labor to try and update it. No thanks, I'm not going to pay $200ish for a software update that should be free.

But, according to the Sync website my truck now has 7.2 million miles on it. So I can't complain about the truck being dependable.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Ford Customer Service
I've tried to update software a few times. The update process has failed every time. I've tried 3 different USB memory sticks all with more than 2Gb as specified by the sometimes working Sync website. Every time I followed the directions to a T but no dice. The local stealership quoted me an hour or two of labor to try and update it. No thanks, I'm not going to pay $200ish for a software update that should be free.

But, according to the Sync website my truck now has 7.2 million miles on it. So I can't complain about the truck being dependable.
Wookie,

I'd like to help you with the installation. Please send me your VIN in a PM.

Whitney

Quick Reply: All-New Ford SYNC 3 Connectivity System Launching