2015 - 2020 F-150

Back to the dealer for some issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the dealer for some issues

So today I dropped the Lariat off for some issues that I have with the truck:

- Cowling seal popping out (there is another post on this)
- Very squeaky drivers-side side-step. squeals like crazy when it deploys.
- Check engine light came on the other day while I was doing some light towing. Just went of yesterday.
- Strange transmission shifting behavior. It doesn't like to drop a gear when going uphill. I have to punch the gas to get it to shift.

My Truck:
Lairat Super Crew
3.5 Ecoboost
Max Tow package
Today's mileage at dropoff: 1,635

I'll keep this updated as I find out what is going on.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dezigninmotion
So today I dropped the Lariat off for some issues that I have with the truck:

- Cowling seal popping out (there is another post on this)
- Very squeaky drivers-side side-step. squeals like crazy when it deploys.
- Check engine light came on the other day while I was doing some light towing. Just went of yesterday.
- Strange transmission shifting behavior. It doesn't like to drop a gear when going uphill. I have to punch the gas to get it to shift.

My Truck:
Lairat Super Crew
3.5 Ecoboost
Max Tow package
Today's mileage at dropoff: 1,635

I'll keep this updated as I find out what is going on.
Hi Ken,

I received your PM this morning and sent you a reply. I'll be happy to do what I can to help get these items resolved.

Crystal

Old 05-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Update!

The dealership just called me.

-They replaced the cowling seal

-Check engine code: They pulled the stored code and found there was a TSB posted in the OASIS system that pointed to a software revision for the powertrain control module. The software as been updated at this point.

- Transmission shifting issue: They were not able to duplicate the problem I was having. However, they test drove it after the software update and they feel this "might" have solved the problem before they could verify the issue.

- Noisy side step: The verified the problem and have ordered a motor assembly for replacement.

Now I am just waiting for the dealership shuttle to come pick me up.

I am going to put some miles on the truck over the next few days and see of the tranny starts to misbehave.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Dezigninmotion
Update!

The dealership just called me.

-They replaced the cowling seal

-Check engine code: They pulled the stored code and found there was a TSB posted in the OASIS system that pointed to a software revision for the powertrain control module. The software as been updated at this point.

- Transmission shifting issue: They were not able to duplicate the problem I was having. However, they test drove it after the software update and they feel this "might" have solved the problem before they could verify the issue.

- Noisy side step: The verified the problem and have ordered a motor assembly for replacement.

Now I am just waiting for the dealership shuttle to come pick me up.

I am going to put some miles on the truck over the next few days and see of the tranny starts to misbehave.
I had a similar issue with my F150, to the point where I ended up selling my truck because of it. Transmission wouldn't down shift correctly, or when it finally did it felt like the bottom was going to drop out of the truck. Took it in about 5 times for the same issue, dealer could never replicate the issue.

Finally, the truck actually broke down in the middle of heavy traffic in So Cal (yep, i was that guy) and that was my breaking point. Took the truck to the dealer who told me they would need it for at least 2 weeks. Sold the truck 2 days later. Unfortunate, I loved that damn truck. Ok, rant over! Hopefully they solved your transmission issue.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by cdiddy4224
I had a similar issue with my F150
Just so people don't get the wrong idea, being this is the 2015 forum, this issue was with a 2009 4 year old F-150 with 66k miles, not one of the new 2015s.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...t-contact.html

Old 05-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by bluegreensf150
Just so people don't get the wrong idea, being this is the 2015 forum, this issue was with a 2009 4 year old F-150 with 66k miles, not one of the new 2015s.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...t-contact.html
Correct, I should have pointed that out. Regardless, situation sounded the same. Hopefully Dezigninmotion doesnt have any of the "similar" issues.

Quick Reply: Back to the dealer for some issues