2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Platinum vs. Fully Loaded Lariat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Platinum vs. Fully Loaded Lariat?

Would anyone claim there are reasons to get a Platinum over a Lariat with the same features beyond preference in the aesthetic changes to the grill, bumper, and tail?

We are looking at a Blue Jeans Metallic exterior and not fans of the "platinum" badge on the tailgate nor do I particularly love the idea of painted bumpers on a truck that is going to see a fair amount of rough terrain, woody brush, and rocky/muddy crossings.

Is there some feature that I've overlooked that is Platinum-only other than being able to have that in your signature on the forums? ;-)

(thanks in advance for the advice)

Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Platinum has heated outer rear seats but pretty much everything that comes in a loaded Platinum can be had in a lariat for around $3K less (X-Plan).

Old 04-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From looking at it what I can see is the Platinum has:
Heated rear seats
Added locking feature to the power steering wheel
Equipment package 700A (a lot of this can be added to the Lariat)
Genuine wood interior trim
Much nicer leather seats
Body colored end caps on the bumper

The Lariat can get the Heavy Duty Payload package and the longer bed.

When I built the two side by side there was less than $2k difference between them once you optioned the Lariat up to the Platinum. However, to get some of the options you have to add the painted bumper options to the Lariat which is something you said you weren't fond of. At that little bit of difference it would come down to which truck you could get a better deal on and liked the interior of more. That is quite a bit different than in 2011 when there was a ton of options that were Platinum exclusive.

Have you seen this page? F-150 Compare

EDIT: Trying it again I came up with MSRP of $57,995 for the Lariat and $60,115 for the Platinum. I configured to two as close to each other as possible.

Last edited by Wookie; 04-11-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:01 PM
You can get the heated rear seats on the super crew lariat with the 502a package. I am waiting on my lariat to be delivered i got every option i wanted including the power running boards for about $3500 less than the platinum plus i am not a fan of the platinum tailgate.the biggest thing i saw is no massaging seats in the front.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mudmedic
You can get the heated rear seats on the super crew lariat with the 502a package. I am waiting on my lariat to be delivered i got every option i wanted including the power running boards for about $3500 less than the platinum plus i am not a fan of the platinum tailgate.the biggest thing i saw is no massaging seats in the front.
Where are you getting this information from? The Ford web site doesn't list the heated rear seats in 502A. It also shows them as Not Available on the Lariat master options list. If you have this in writing from the dealer give it a good check when you pick your truck up. You might be able to get them to come off it a few bucks more if they're not there.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:25 PM
I am going by the dealer build sheet that i saw when building truck and also by the listing for 502a package on the ford cotus tracking site

Last edited by mudmedic; 04-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Massaging seats are sooooo nice, worth it just for that in my opinion. Plus as stated the leather and upscale feel is a lil better. And personally i love my brunello interior which is not avail on lariat.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wookie
Where are you getting this information from? The Ford web site doesn't list the heated rear seats in 502A. It also shows them as Not Available on the Lariat master options list. If you have this in writing from the dealer give it a good check when you pick your truck up. You might be able to get them to come off it a few bucks more if they're not there.
When I go back to the dealer I'll check but I was in a loaded Lariat and it had rear heated seats (if I remember correctly)

Old 04-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Im looking at a lariat right now with heated rear seats.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Wookie
From looking at it what I can see is the Platinum has:
Heated rear seats
Added locking feature to the power steering wheel
Equipment package 700A (a lot of this can be added to the Lariat)
Genuine wood interior trim
Much nicer leather seats
Body colored end caps on the bumper

The Lariat can get the Heavy Duty Payload package and the longer bed.

When I built the two side by side there was less than $2k difference between them once you optioned the Lariat up to the Platinum. However, to get some of the options you have to add the painted bumper options to the Lariat which is something you said you weren't fond of. At that little bit of difference it would come down to which truck you could get a better deal on and liked the interior of more. That is quite a bit different than in 2011 when there was a ton of options that were Platinum exclusive.

Have you seen this page? F-150 Compare

EDIT: Trying it again I came up with MSRP of $57,995 for the Lariat and $60,115 for the Platinum. I configured to two as close to each other as possible.

You can get the lariat in the 6.5 foot bed also, I have one

Old 04-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Can you get the retractable step's on the '15 Lariat? Or is that "advantage" Platinum! OK...I see you can order them for the Lariat...finally a good move.

Last edited by PawPaw; 04-20-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
Can you get the retractable step's on the '15 Lariat? Or is that "advantage" Platinum! OK...I see you can order them for the Lariat...finally a good move.
I believe if you get the 502A package you can get power boards for $995.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:13 AM
Ended up getting the Lariat vs. Platinum to avoid the huge, silver badge on the back that I don't think looks as good on the Blue Jeans Metallic paint.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrel
Ended up getting the Lariat vs. Platinum to avoid the huge, silver badge on the back that I don't think looks as good on the Blue Jeans Metallic paint.
I don't think it looks good on any color haha

Old 04-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LoL at what you guys are spending on a half ton truck...

Quick Reply: 2015 Platinum vs. Fully Loaded Lariat?